What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm in a bit of an unconventional situation, but here goes.

I have a twin sister who is getting married in April. We're pretty close and she doesn't really trust any of her friends to put together her Bachelorette party. She's stated that she wants the Bridal Party + Significant others to go, so we're looking at roughly 10-12 people.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? I'm thinking about getting an AirBnB in Nashville for like 3 days, but have nothing beyond that. I don't want it to turn into a thing where we just go out to dinner get very drunk every day but that might end up being the case lol

Also, I am the Man of Honor

Go do some fun things as a group. Escape room, laser tag, bowling, paintball..., then go drinking. You can also do things like a food tour, brewery/distillery tour, and those are usually during the day.

You can call it whatever you what, but you're a maid of honor. People look at you weird when you say "man of honor", but they just laugh and accept it when you just go with maid of honor. Worked out much easier that way when I did it. They wouldn't let me wear a dress though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm in a bit of an unconventional situation, but here goes.

I have a twin sister who is getting married in April. We're pretty close and she doesn't really trust any of her friends to put together her Bachelorette party. She's stated that she wants the Bridal Party + Significant others to go, so we're looking at roughly 10-12 people.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? I'm thinking about getting an AirBnB in Nashville for like 3 days, but have nothing beyond that. I don't want it to turn into a thing where we just go out to dinner get very drunk every day but that might end up being the case lol

Also, I am the Man of Honor
b12.jpg

if someone has a house with a nice backyard or a couple acres, a good go-to is to get a couple half barrels, and lawn games (bocce ball, ******** toss, etc)

edit: you cant say that t-word, so ladder toss

maybe some live music

and let people put up tents and sleep over if they want to stay

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

Go do some fun things as a group. Escape room, laser tag, bowling, paintball..., then go drinking. You can also do things like a food tour, brewery/distillery tour, and those are usually during the day.

You can call it whatever you what, but you're a maid of honor. People look at you weird when you say "man of honor", but they just laugh and accept it when you just go with maid of honor. Worked out much easier that way when I did it. They wouldn't let me wear a dress though.

hahah, yeah I planned on incorporating that into the speech.

Looking forward to trying to make some of those Conservative Texans laugh

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

if someone has a house with a nice backyard or a couple acres, a good go-to is to get a couple half barrels, and lawn games (bocce ball, ******** toss, etc)

edit: you cant say that t-word, so ladder toss

maybe some live music

and let people put up tents and sleep over if they want to stay

By god man, what are you suggesting they toss?!?!?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Looking forward to trying to make some of those Conservative Texans laugh

Depends on where in Texas you'll be:

- Austin? About as conservative as California. Plan accordingly.

- Houston? Eh, we couldn't care less. Give us a beer and crack wise.

- Dallas? You're boned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Depends on where in Texas you'll be:

- Austin? About as conservative as California. Plan accordingly.

- Houston? Eh, we couldn't care less. Give us a beer and crack wise.

- Dallas? You're boned.

Believe it's the Fredericksburg / Kerville area. So we have to fly in to Austin or San Antonio and then drive ANOTHER hour 😢

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Believe it's the Fredericksburg / Kerville area. So we have to fly in to Austin or San Antonio and then drive ANOTHER hour 😢

Eh, it's not the worst drive - or so I've heard. Heck, it takes me an hour to drive from Houston TO Houston at certain times of the day, so perhaps I'm just conditioned for it.

• Like 1

Steaming a half bushel of crabs and headed to a luncheon with some Amish. Past couple years have seen a good hundred move into the area, buying up huge chunks of land.

Theyve quickly become my 2nd favorite type of American.

Estrogen Americans... You guys still way dead last. Work on that.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Steaming a half bushel of crabs and headed to a luncheon with some Amish. Past couple years have seen a good hundred move into the area, buying up huge chunks of land.

Theyve quickly become my 2nd favorite type of American.

Estrogen Americans... You guys still way dead last. Work on that.

They’re mostly inbred.

And I can say that and feel comfortable that I’m offending of any of them here on the interwebz.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I have a LOT of experience with the Amish and they are so inbred that I felt guilty judging them like I did. But it was super obvious that there was a lot of uh, how to say...

Learning disability/mental illness 

All over their faces 

Only impression I got was that these are Americans that havent been emasculated yet.