What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How the hell does it take Iowa an entire day to count preliminary votes. There's 11 people in the entire state.

You ever been apart of a caucus? Ish is bananas, makes no sense, and takes forever. They arent actually 'voting' in the traditional sense. 

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You ever been apart of a caucus? Ish is bananas, makes no sense, and takes forever. They arent actually 'voting' in the traditional sense. 

No I haven't. While my previous post was mostly making fun of Iowa because, you know,

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Iowa sucks.

I'd be interested in being apart of a caucus just like I'd be interested in getting jury duty one time just to experience it.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd be interested in being apart of a caucus just like I'd be interested in getting jury duty one time just to experience it.

Same, but it's surprising that it's taken this long for the Dems to start to realize that maybe the Iowa caucus isn't a great way to pick a candidate.  It's a super white state, not one that Dems win (and not a swing state that matters even), and the caucus is a weird way to do it and not reflective of how voting will pan out.

But with all that, it's good ole local incompetence that probably put a nail in that coffin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No I haven't. While my previous post was mostly making fun of Iowa because, you know,

My coworkers boyfriend just recently used his jury duty appearance to take up a personal beef with the prosecutor who wouldn’t prosecute his daughters abuser

he was shown the door and told he didn’t need to be apart of this one lmao 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

People only have 10 fingers, so they have to coordinate it with other people. 

Also I'm assuming at least 3 or 4 of the 11 people in the state of Iowa have a few missing fingers due to tractor accidents or inbreeding, so that probably adds a layer of complexity.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

My coworkers boyfriend just recently used his jury duty appearance to take up a personal beef with the prosecutor who wouldn’t prosecute his daughters abuser

he was shown the door and told he didn’t need to be apart of this one lmao 

He didn't even get contempt of court!? Weak performance honestly.

I'm only 75% joking when I say being held in contempt of court is a bucket list item of mine. There's something impressive about not doing anything strictly illegal, but being such as ******* that a judge throws you in jail until you apologize and play nice. It's like the Mount Everest of being a ****.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He didn't even get contempt of court!? Weak performance honestly.

I'm only 75% joking when I say being held in contempt of court is a bucket list item of mine. There's something impressive about not doing anything strictly illegal, but being such as ******* that a judge throws you in jail until you apologize and play nice. It's like the Mount Everest of being a ****.

Yeah, the sliding scale should be:

Loitering--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contempt of Court

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, the sliding scale should be:

Loitering--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contempt of Court

Correct, but getting a loitering ticket isn't really an option for me because...

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

you know. You know. Don't make me say it. You know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Correct, but getting a loitering ticket isn't really an option for me because...

TBH, if you get a "contempt of court" for saying anything other than "YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!" or "I OBJECT TO YOUR OBJECTION!" or profanity at a judge/lawyer, it shouldn't count.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

TBH, if you get a "contempt of court" for saying anything other than "YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!" or "I OBJECT TO YOUR OBJECTION!" or profanity at a judge/lawyer, it shouldn't count.

Bingo. Pretty much every one of my half baked ideas to get contempt of court turns into me quoting A Few Good Men like 15 seconds in.

• Like 1