What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bingo. Pretty much every one of my half baked ideas to get contempt of court turns into me quoting A Few Good Men like 15 seconds in.

I want to get on some major trial as a witness. I’ll end every answer with “I promise” and a wink towards whichever side my answer helped.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

No but he was briefly detained before he left the parking lot

i think they were considering it 

That's really surprising.  Most judges I practice in front of (even the huge *****) are pretty hesitant to use contempt of court for anything other than failures to appear.

The best one ever though was a guy who said, and I quote, "I want to know if it's true that your old lady calls you 'Buttercup' while she ****s you in the *** with a pool cue."  While they were trying to get him away from the podium, he added "And you can take these 10 days you're about to give me and shove them up your ******* *** too, sir."

He got wrestled all around the courtroom screaming like Early Cuyler  and yelling "Buttercup!" for the next few minutes.  It was amazing.

• Like 4

Just now, Daniel said:

The best one ever though was a guy who said, and I quote, "I want to know if it's true that your old lady calls you 'Buttercup' while she ****s you in the *** with a pool cue."  While they were trying to get him away from the podium, he added "And you can take these 10 days you're about to give me and shove them up your ******* *** too, sir."

He got wrestled all around the courtroom screaming like Early Cuyler  and yelling "Buttercup!" for the next few minutes.  It was amazing.

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

That's really surprising.  Most judges I practice in front of (even the huge *****) are pretty hesitant to use contempt of court for anything other than failures to appear.

I think it’s also possible they were just making sure he was in an OK state of mind and wasn’t gonna go tearing off down Main Street 60mph on the way to get his gun

He left the court room and two cops walked him to his car. They didn’t just drop him off though and talked to him for about 5 minutes 

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, if you get a "contempt of court" for saying anything other than "YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!" or "I OBJECT TO YOUR OBJECTION!" or profanity at a judge/lawyer, it shouldn't count.

If I ever get contempt, I am clearly yelling at the judge "You want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH". Especially if it makes no contextual sense. Just to see the look of bewilderment on everyones face. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If I ever get contempt, I am clearly yelling at the judge "You want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH". Especially if it makes no contextual sense. Just to see the look of bewilderment on everyones face. 

If you could throw a "Who's going to do it...YOU Lieutenant WEINBERG???" in there, bonus points.

5 hours ago, Dome said:

My manager at work always recommends people get a felony early to avoid jury duty in the future 

he hasn’t been asked to appear in like 25 years 

I've gotten two summons and both were settled well before my appear date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've gotten two summons and both were settled well before my appear date.

i've never been summoned.

but if i got a felony i wouldn't even have to run the risk

Edited by Dome

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

A felony doesn't sound so bad if it means I don't have to worry about potential jury duty.

especially this day in age.

felonies to millennial are what misdemeanors were to boomers, i think