What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I live in a peninsula community, and have a wonderful view of the Chesapeake Bay (and almost right on top of it) but only drawback is, at one point, there is only one way in and out.  

So the entire community is without power during dinner time, because a tree fell at, you guessed it, the only road in and out.  So no one can get food delivered, and dinner now has to wait until a few hours from now.  

If it had happened a quarter mile down the road, you could get around it with side streets.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I live in a peninsula community, and have a wonderful view of the Chesapeake Bay (and almost right on top of it) but only drawback is, at one point, there is only one way in and out.  

So the entire community is without power during dinner time, because a tree fell at, you guessed it, the only road in and out.  So no one can get food delivered, and dinner now has to wait until a few hours from now.  

If it had happened a quarter mile down the road, you could get around it with side streets.  

They should keep better care of the trees around that section. 

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

My fiance is requesting that I be in attendance at the bridal shower.

horror-look-gif.gif

Does this happen? I thought I'm not supposed to be at these things?

uh... no

I was going to get drunk and go tubing.

You are correct sir.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

My fiance is requesting that I be in attendance at the bridal shower.

Does this happen? I thought I'm not supposed to be at these things? I was going to get drunk and go tubing.

I had a friend do this, but they set it up so the guys were outside grilling or in the basement. tbh it worked really well.

As for just tagging along, that's a terrible idea.

8 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I DESERVE TO DRAG ALONG A COOLER OF BEERS IN A RIVER AND DRINK HEAVILY

This is your exit strategy:

"Honey, this is your event and I'll just be bored, which means I'll drink A LOT, get too drunk and potentially say or do something embarrassing
I'm happy to be there when everybody arrives, they can all check me out and make sure I am worthy...but then I'm leaving because its in everybody's best interest for me to disappear "

Also noted: I got so wasted at a baby shower that I actually passed out on the back lawn. I've never been invited to another one.
Works like a charm  :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I had a friend do this, but they set it up so the guys were outside grilling or in the basement. tbh it worked really well.

As for just tagging along, that's a terrible idea.

There are no other guys to my knowledge. Her best friends fiancee isn't coming down from Buffalo, only one of her 3 sisters is married and one has a fiancee that never shows up to anything.

3 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

There are no other guys to my knowledge. Her best friends fiancee isn't coming down from Buffalo, only one of her 3 sisters is married and one has a fiancee that never shows up to anything.

Yeah then that's a bad idea. This was 2 separate parties happening at the same location. 

I just read the etiquette is I make an appearance toward the end or whatever have you which I'm cool with, but this is not a day for me on the heels of her party and weekend away with the ladies.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I just read the etiquette is I make an appearance toward the end or whatever have you which I'm cool with, but this is not a day for me on the heels of her party and weekend away with the ladies.

I mean, let’s be real.  Are any of her friends or family going to GAF if you show up?  Of course not, you’ll just be getting in the way of gossip, sammich making and whatever else women folk do when us men are off doing our thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I definitely did not make an appearance at my wife's. 

Also, don't they know you already? Why do they have to see you to approve of you?