What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, D82 said:

People really, really need to stop ordering so much crap. Like I get you're home all day but dear god, find something productive to do instead, please? 

People are ordering the stuff online they would normally buy in the store. 

• Like 1

I just checked my credit score cause I was going to pay off some of my collections from cancer bills but all my collections reports are gone now. They’ve been on 5-7 years. What a weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to figure out how to make my score not horrifically low. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, theJ said:

People are ordering the stuff online they would normally buy in the store. 

But a lot of this stuff is still in stores. It isn't like it's sold out. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

But a lot of this stuff is still in stores. It isn't like it's sold out. 

Right but people don't want to go to the stores. They feel safer ordering from home and having it delivered. I know I've done that with stuff I'm not in a hurry for the last two months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Right but people don't want to go to the stores. They feel safer ordering from home and having it delivered. I know I've done that with stuff I'm not in a hurry for the last two months. 

And I get that. I'm just exhausted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyty said:

I just checked my credit score cause I was going to pay off some of my collections from cancer bills but all my collections reports are gone now. They’ve been on 5-7 years. What a weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to figure out how to make my score not horrifically low. 

Get a credit card. Put $50 on it every month and pay it off every month.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Get a couple if you have no other lines of credit.

Just pay those things off EVERY month.

I just got one. I’ll use it for gas and Hulu or something. I don’t know if I trust myself with maintaining multiple at the moment though 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I just got one. I’ll use it for gas and Hulu or something. I don’t know if I trust myself with maintaining multiple at the moment though 

You can goof up just as easily with one as you can with two.

Having multiple lines of credit and an increased debt/credit ratio should help your credit score.  Instead of getting one and using it for gas and Hulu, get two and use one for gas and one for Hulu.

In time your credit will build and you’ll be able to get a higher credit limit and better cards (with better rewards).

Credit cards can be a great tool if you use them properly.

Besides the credit score impact, convenience and safety, you can also earn a lot of cash back.  For example I pay $90 a year as an annual fee, but I also get about 1k back in cash rewards.  I can use that for travel, reducing my bill, whatever I want.  You don’t get that stuff paying cash.

IMO you should be putting literally everything you can on a card.  The last few cars I bought I put the down payment on my card specifically for the points.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Credit cards can be a great tool if you use them properly.

Besides the credit score impact, convenience and safety, you can also earn a lot of cash back.  For example I pay $90 a year as an annual fee, but I also get about 1k back in cash rewards.  I can use that for travel, reducing my bill, whatever I want.  You don’t get that stuff paying cash.

IMO you should be putting literally everything you can on a card.  The last few cars I bought I put the down payment on my card specifically for the points.

I agree with this completely.  It may even be worth carrying a small balance for a time depending on who you talk to.  But the only thing I use cash for anymore is beer at a baseball game or to get my haircut, since my barber is stuck two decades in the past.  

I have four credit cards, and each has a purpose.  I have the Amazon rewards one for all of the stuff I buy online.  I have one for gas and food.  I have one for online bill pays.  I have one with a high limit for big purchases (my season tickets, vacations, car repair, etc.) 

My assistant GM is trying to build his wife's credit score, and they started small with a credit card.  They also received a car from her aunt's estate and are taking a loan out in her name to pay the family their portion of it, and they will pay it off immediately from their joint account.  They are looking to get new computers and I suggested using financing from Apple as a way to build her score as well.  

As long as you are paying them off, you should be fine.  Never overspend.  You can even set up automatic payment times so you don't forget.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Cash discounts are absolutely still a thing.

True, but most of the time they reflect the service fee of 2-3 percent that CC companies charge.

In that case I’ll still pay the extra one percent and have the protection if the card company.

If you’re dealing with a tradesman, cash under the table type thing than sure.

• Like 1