What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

GF's birthday is tomorrow.

I have a pork shoulder marinating in the fridge to make carnitas, I'm stocked up to make fresh guac, I'm making a layered mexican brownie cake, I have enough tequila+limes to have a REAL good night, and I'm gonna surprise her tomorrow morning with buttermilk pancakes before we go for a hike/picnic with her parents. Present is wrapped. 

This is gonna go well. Right? right..?

Is there really ever such a thing as "enough" Tequila and Limes though?

Don't forget the triple sec imo.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Christ, it's like the final scene from The Mist

This is why Moose are the most dangerous animals in the North.  People don't get it...but they can be huge, mean, stupid, and aggressive.  They ain't call 'em Swamp Donkeys for nothing.  They kill a lot of people every year.

Imagine driving down an icy highway in a 4 and a half foot tall car, and something like that idiotically decides to run out in front of you.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is why Moose are the most dangerous animals in the North.  People don't get it...but they can be huge, mean, stupid, and aggressive.  They ain't call 'em Swamp Donkeys for nothing.  They kill a lot of people every year.

Imagine driving down an icy highway in a 4 and a half foot tall car, and something like that idiotically decides to run out in front of you.

Man...bagging one of them could probably feed a family for two years or more.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I once came within inches of decapitating a deer that wandered onto the highway when I was driving back from a concert. 
If it had been a moose, I'd be dead.

• Like 1

I was driving from Idaho to Jackson, Wy along 22 once and saw a dude who had found a moose who’d been hit by a car on the side of the road (assuming it wasn’t him, his truck was fine).  Dude was literally field dressing the moose on the side of the road.  Saws, blood and guts everywhere....

Needless to say that’s not something my suburban midwestern arse had ever seen before, but it was both horrifying and awesome.

Not sure where I was headed with that, but that’s my best moose story.

• Like 4

Had yesterday and today off.  Planned to work on my yard.  

Bought more grass seed, had my electric tiller all ready, for my rakes, got my topsoil, cleared all leaves and debris from the area I was going to plant and then for the first time in months we got a heavy rain and it’s still going.

Didn’t buy anything for inside work.  Got by yesterday by doing a few small jobs and painted a wall.  Then I ran out of paint.

Today will be the first day since May of last year where I didn’t work or work on my house for at least 6 hours.

Strange.  

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

If you are gored by that, there is no surviving.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was driving from Idaho to Jackson, Wy along 22 once and saw a dude who had found a moose who’d been hit by a car on the side of the road (assuming it wasn’t him, his truck was fine).  Dude was literally field dressing the moose on the side of the road.  Saws, blood and guts everywhere....

Needless to say that’s not something my suburban midwestern arse had ever seen before, but it was both horrifying and awesome.

Not sure where I was headed with that, but that’s my best moose story.

I stayed with my dad and stepmom at their home in the upper peninsula of Michigan a few times, and going to sleep hearing wolves howling was news to me.  I've either lived in a peninsula community where it's deadly quiet, or along a semi-busy road so each time I would wake up thinking they were right outside my door.  

I probably should've been more worried about a bear coming in and figuring out how to open the door than how close the wolves were, though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

We’re taking care of my wife’s 5 year old cousin for a few days. He just called our house dirty when we made him go to bed.

I didn’t know kids were ******* savages like that.

Wife and I took our niece to the park last year. She was two at the time (my niece). So the only other kid there was a boy (five-ish) on the swings. Well our niece wanted to swing next to him. Apparently this kid didn’t like that because he got up and walked away, saying, “this is why I don’t come to this ******g park anymore.”

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

We’re taking care of my wife’s 5 year old cousin for a few days. He just called our house dirty when we made him go to bed.

I didn’t know kids were ******* savages like that.

I've told this story on here before, but I was at a Super Bowl party a while back and my friend's kid had just gotten to the point where she could say 2 or 3 word sentences. One of the newest sentences she had learned was "I love you".

So her mom is bouncing her up and down on her lap during the party and she's giggling the whole time. The mom starts going "Honey, can you say 'I love you'?" and she keeps giggling until...

"Honey, can you say 'I love you'?"

"Yes."

And she just stares at her mom not saying it. She basically pulled out the Han Solo "I know" quote for her own mom at 1.5 years old. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’re absolute savages, there’s no filter or guilt for anything that comes out of their mouth.

Don’t be shocked when he doubles down today.

It’s even worse in other cultures, some of them anyways.

I know Honduran kids specifically have been programmed to get enjoyment out of white adults fighting back tears IYAM

(volunteered at a Honduran orphanage for 3 months, many a pretty white girl got called fat and ugly, it never got old. Guys were called fat and stupid which most of them chuckled at, the girls were the ones who got cut deep)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1