What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Pumpkin and beer do NOT mix.  Let that be a lesson to you.  Fruit doesn't go in beer and that includes lime and orange garnishes.

I agree with you EXCEPT for lime and salt cheladas. 

And that citrusy flavor is sometimes just fine if it's done right.  Sam Adams '76 is a perfect beer and it has that little hint of citrus flavor without it being a citrus you can pinpoint. 

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Pumpkin and beer do NOT mix.  Let that be a lesson to you.  Fruit doesn't go in beer and that includes lime and orange garnishes.

Wrong. Pumpkin beer is amazing. 

13 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

We need permanent DST, not to get rid of it.

I don't care which one we get rid of but let's stop changing times.

Since we just did our "fall backwards", let's just not "spring forward" next year. This is the way. 

Edited by skywindO2

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:
13 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

We need permanent DST, not to get rid of it.

See you at our Presidential debate in 2024. 😉 

[menacing ad voice guy] Do you want someone who's own football team can't even manage the clock to manage all of our clocks? @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES and their big clock backers are trying to take the time you saved this spring and redistribute it with their radical agenda. Don't let Cleveland surround you in darkness. Vote @Heimdallr, because it's your daylight: save it. [/menacing ad voice guy]

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

[menacing ad voice guy] Do you want someone who's own football team can't even manage the clock to manage all of our clocks? @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES and their big clock backers are trying to take the time you saved this spring and redistribute it with their radical agenda. Don't let Cleveland surround you in darkness. Vote @Heimdallr, because it's your daylight: save it. [/menacing ad voice guy]

*starts reading through @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES 70,000 combined posts for random quotes to put on screen during the ad out of context*

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

(Condescending correction ad voice guy) Do you really want someone who's not even an American, but rather a wannabe Canadian, telling us, AMERICANS, what to do? @Heimdallr and his antiquated, recycled 1918 policy that discriminates against parents with small children and robs you, the working class, of an hour each weekend in the spring, just to give MORE time to those who already have time? Vote @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES, who plan on making each day 24 hours again.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 9:57 PM, Outpost31 said:

I hate when I try a new beer and I hate it.  I almost always hate the sweet ones, but there was this brand I tried and it was the perfect amount of just a hint of citrus fruit so I took a chance on a pumpkin type shandy from the same people.  I don’t know what a shandy is.  So it tastes terrible and it’s like a full on sweet beer.

Now I gotta pour a tiny bit into other beer so I don’t waste this beer.  Like one tiny bit is enough of the flavor in a beer just to give it something, but this thing tastes like a damn wine cooler alone.

I can only blame myself.

A shandy is usually a 50/50 lighter beer and lemonade. If you don't like sweet beers, a shandy is something you should always avoid.

Most pumpkin beers are made for the Starbucks crowd now. They're always going to try and be on the sweet side, so they can keep the latte crowd.

Pro tip for trying new beer: Most places that sell beer do a build your own 6-pack with the loose beers. Get 4-5 of stuff you know you like, and a couple you want to try.

• Like 1

Just now, MrDrew said:

A shandy is usually a 50/50 lighter beer and lemonade. If you don't like sweet beers, a shandy is something you should always avoid.

Most pumpkin beers are made for the Starbucks crowd now. They're always going to try and be on the sweet side, so they can keep the latte crowd.

Pro tip for trying new beer: Most places that sell beer do a build your own 6-pack with the loose beers. Get 4-5 of stuff you know you like, and a couple you want to try.

That one Sam Adams beer I hated must have been a shandy.  Tasted like somebody carbonated lemonade and poured a little bit of Budweiser into it. 

Terrible.  Will not try again.

30 minutes ago, winitall said:

*starts reading through @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES 70,000 combined posts for random quotes to put on screen during the ad out of context*

You don’t have to read through them... just make up a quote and at least some people will believe you and put it on Mwil/LGB to prove they never said that, or that they never deleted it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Before we do this, the ground rules

1. All posts made under the influence are hereby off limits

End of ground rules.

“I was probably drinking” should be enough to reach the threshold