What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Doubt there's much I can personally do there, right?  I'm no lawyer, not even bird law, but I'm pretty sure that does nothing to say my mom said my sister said he said. 

Edit - not applicable, unless you say you're dating the guy or your sister. Drats.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Hypothetically, if someone was on probation for a felony drug charge that turned into a misdemeanor and two years probation, then got arrested for felony burglary of a building while they were on that probation, how long would that person go to jail for?

He hypothetically also has a prior for brass knuckles I believe. 

And has a laundry list of accusations of theft thrown at him and I can personally attest to theft.  And also threatening his pregnant girlfriend who happens to hypothetically be my sister.

And is there anything I can do to make sure it's a long damn time?  Like can I just start sending the judge texts about the **** he's done?  Is that a thing?  Text A Judge? 

Probation is a suspended sentence, so violation of probation can only result in confinement for the length of that sentence. So if you had a two year probated sentence, you could only face two years for violating your probation.

That said, any other charges he faced that led to the violation could be added onto that. And I can’t tell you what those would be without knowing the state.

• Like 1

Also, as for what you can do, not much. Definitely do not call a judge. I promise this will only hurt your case.

Have your sister take out whatever charges she can against him and then stay in communication with the District Attorney’s victim/witness coordinator about the case.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Also, as for what you can do, not much. Definitely do not call a judge. I promise this will only hurt your case.

Have your sister take out whatever charges she can against him and then stay in communication with the District Attorney’s victim/witness coordinator about the case.

This.  Be willing to cooperate fully with the case and testify in open court against this guy if it comes to it.  I can’t tell you how many domestic cases, even very serious ones, get dropped on the first or second court date because the victims/witnesses dont want to show up to court.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was just kidding about texting the judge.  I’m not THAT stupid.

95% of my practice is criminal law, which means I work almost exclusively with really stupid people.

Followup question: is your pregnant sister pregnant with his child, or someone else's?

Because if it's his child, she absolutely needs to either get an order of protection, or at least file some kind of charge against him for future custody battles.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

Got my license switched over today, officially a Texan. 

13 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

You still have some work to do if you don't have a gun, a pickup, and an accent

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

boots & a ten gallon hat too

th?id=OIP.C_Hs5DB8dODgIRA-UkL22QHaGF%26p

Yet you're definitely on the right track with the whole immediately-telling-people-you're-a-Texan thing.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Did you get your complimentary firearms? Someone should have handed you a shotgun and handgun. 

I didn't. I'm planning on writing a sternly worded letter. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

My condolences.

Hey, it beats Maryland. 

3 hours ago, MrDrew said:

You still have some work to do if you don't have a gun, a pickup, and an accent

I've got the pickup, gun is in the process once I get paid...and tbh I haven't really heard too much of that stereotypical accent down here. 

• Like 1