What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So I applied for a credit card yesterday and  got approved almost instantly. Then today I see my credit score went down 15 points because of a hard inquiry. How freaking hard of an inquiry could they have done to give me a $2000 credit card in like 10 seconds?

@EliteTexan80 would know more about this, but my understanding is that this is done to prevent people with good scores from simultaneously being able to apply for a ton of different lines of credit at once and way overborrow before the system catches on.

It should go back to normal in like 2 months. Also it's 15 points on a credit score report so it's not a big deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@EliteTexan80 would know more about this, but my understanding is that this is done to prevent people with good scores from simultaneously being able to apply for a ton of different lines of credit at once and way overborrow before the system catches on.

It should go back to normal in like 2 months. Also it's 15 points on a credit score report so it's not a big deal.

This is a fair assessment; Your potential debt to income ratio increased by $2000 yesterday, and the bureaus reacted. I'd say that 60 days is a fair assessment to that 15 points going back on your score (assuming you don't run up the card and pay minimums on it...)

Someone quickly explain to me why a chick on Tinder would be asking for my Kik and what the hell a "custom" is? She super liked me and like 5 messages in she wants to exchange stuff on Kik. This is a trap, right? Whats the point of kik?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone quickly explain to me why a chick on Tinder would be asking for my Kik and what the hell a "custom" is? She super liked me and like 5 messages in she wants to exchange stuff on Kik. This is a trap, right? Whats the point of kik?

She'll ask for your SSN next, this is a good way for her to know that you're not a predator.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

She'll ask for your SSN next, this is a good way for her to know that you're not a predator.  

After that she'll ask for a $100 transaction in Bitcoin, as a way to establish trust. Only way to prove you are serious about taking this relationship to the next level tbh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's funny because when I told my dad how quickly I got approved he suggested I get a bunch of credit cards. One of those situations where you wonder why something is and when you find out it makes perfect sense 

• Like 1