What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I've always wanted jury duty just to see what an actual case is like.

Hope you don't get anything that's boring or disgusting.

I have a moderate interest in doing it for that reason. I've been lined up to do it twice iirc, the first I got out of because it was during finals at college lol. Second was when I had leukemia so unless they wanted to FaceTime they'd've been SOL

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I've always wanted jury duty just to see what an actual case is like.

Hope you don't get anything that's boring or disgusting.

It can be interesting. It's a lot better if you have a short trial.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I got frickin' jury duty.

I'd love to have jury duty.

If you take out baby deaths and war, how much have we actually improved life expectancy? Like if I reach 5 years old and don't go to war is there a big difference between how long a person will live 100 years ago vs. now? I don't think we have improved the upper end (or max age) to a noticeable difference, pretty sure people 200 years ago were reaching 105ish. That's just a guess tho.

So what I'm curious about is whether we are improving our potential to live longer or just helping more people reach their potential.

A hypothetical example: Pretend Alex Smith is the representation of greatness, he's the 115 year old. Every once in a while there is someone better but generally he's the standard for greatness. Now Aaron Rodgers is a level we've never seen before, he's the 150 year old. Is what we are doing to life expectancy equivalent to turning Alex Smiths into Aaron Rodgers or making sure that a higher % of prospects turn into Alex Smiths?

Edited by 11sanchez11