What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe when she was one of the most influential people on the planet. I don't know if Oprah could pull it off now.

Is this the new trend? Parties identifying possible celebrities that have pull with the everyman, adopting them as candidates, riding a hype train to an election, then using that person as a sock puppet while advancing their same tired agenda?

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Is this the new trend? Parties identifying possible celebrities that have pull with the everyman, adopting them as candidates, riding a hype train to an election, then using that person as a sock puppet while advancing their same tired agenda?

I think it actually has to happen more than once to call it a trend. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

I think it actually has to happen more than once to call it a trend. 

Will it become* the new trend, then. 2016 was the beginning, will it carry into 2020? Not like there are any candidates which excite the masses currently, they're all sick of the status quo. They may jump at an opportunity for what would be perceived as change.

45 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe when she was one of the most influential people on the planet. I don't know if Oprah could pull it off now.

I'm also going to guess she's smart enough to not actually want that awful job. It'll be someone like Biden, Warren, Sanders, or Booker tbh.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm also going to guess she's smart enough to not actually want that awful job. It'll be someone like Biden, Warren, Sanders, or Booker tbh.

It’s not about the job for these people. It’s about the power and it being the most grandiose thing someone could aspire to do