What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, cddolphin said:

I'd like one for reference and some light reading. Some of the stories are neat.

They get a lot less neat in the second part.  Old Testament is where it's at.  My favorite is the one where bears come out and kill kids who were making fun of a guy for being bald.  It's in 2 Kings I think. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Would it be super dooshy to ask for a New American Standard, I need one of that particular variety, I have $5 cash I could donate.

That may depend on the translations available. If you asked for one and they had one, they'd give it to you. My church has copies of the English Standard Version (ESV) everywhere, but there are a lot of people in my church that use the NAS as well. Also, check out Grace Baptist Church in California (John MacArthur's church). They use that and they may mail you a copy.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

They get a lot less neat in the second part.  Old Testament is where it's at.  My favorite is the one where bears come out and kill kids who were making fun of a guy for being bald.  It's in 2 Kings I think. 

IIRC, the passage doesn't make it clear if the bears killed the kids who made fun of the man or if they just killed indiscriminately. 

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

IIRC, the passage doesn't make it clear if the bears killed the kids who made fun of the man or if they just killed indiscriminately. 

Elisha called down a curse upon them for their jeering (2 Kings 2:23-24), after which the bears came out of the woods.

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Just now, MWil23 said:

Elisha called down a curse upon them for their jeering (2 Kings 2:23-24), after which the bears came out of the woods.

Footballs Future Bible Study time.  I only knew about this verse because once a friend of mine made a bald joke at my expense while standing next to a pastor and the pastor brought it up and it's been my favorite story because I am bald and I love bears. 

20 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

some frat kid at ucf did the lebron chalk toss thing in the middle of class as a joke and got the whole building evacuated. got all my classes canceled today whoop 

soft as triple ply

what did they think it was a suicide anthrax man?