What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

100% not a religious fellow in any way, don't believe in ****, but was limping around in a walking boot & this random dude stopped me and was like can I pray for your injury & I was like ok whatever do your thing buddy.. so like he went to hug me and was did like a 30 second speech while holding the hug lol. So anyway I was like whatever this guys a weirdo but he's cool I guess and walked away.. swear on everything it's been like 2 days and it feels way better outta nowhere lol. It's been ****ed for like 3 months with no signs of improvement. Imma keep on sinning & silently ridiculing overly religious folk, but hot damn 95% sure that dudes a mage or some ****. Also might not know what a mage is. Feels right tho. I am prone to placebo's but it also looks less deformed so I am convinced he's of a higher status than common man. That dude just walked by me while I was sitting here waiting for my ride to show up. Didn't wanna validate him so I told him it felt so the same lol. 

Edited by jfinley88
Holy **** I posted a lot of words
  • Like 1

Just now, cddolphin said:

Even though it's in the new testament, I've always been a fan of 1 Timothy 2: 11-12

If I made that joke, I swear it would be used against me the rest of the time I use this site for the rest of my life. 

@jfinley88, it was probably Jesus himself testing you.  Now you're definitely going to hell. 

• Like 1

I started going to church a few years ago. I was talking to a guy on the phone about how I was freaked out about a biopsy I was gonna have. So he asks to pray. And then he starts asking God to bless the doctor and let him do a good job and all that. I wanted to say, “MFer I’m obviously not worried about the doctor having shaky hands. Do you believe in this or not? Quit freakin hedging!”

• Like 1

So a few days back people were discussing some reasons why polygamy may not work or could be destabilizing. Here are a couple articles that offers some insights, especially the idea that when you restrict female access and make the distribution top-heavy, it leads to conflict (duh):

http://quillette.com/2018/02/24/behavioral-ecology-male-violence/

https://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21732695-plural-marriage-bred-inequality-begets-violence-link-between-polygamy-and-war

There are other socioecological factors where we see an association with lethal conflict, such as the link between polygyny and war. 

When some males monopolize access to wealth or mates, young males who are left out may behave violently to try and distinguish themselves, competing for control of such resources. As we might expect, there is evidence that higher rates of resource inequality within societies are associated with increased rates of violent conflict among men.