What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Coaching HS kids is as rewarding and infuriating of a process as you'll ever be a part of. I love what I do, but holding kids accountable for their character and attitude is extremely frustrating when this doesn't happen at home and then coaches are blamed.

If people want to know why HS coaching quality is dwindling, they need to look in the mirror, because we are getting burned out by those who enable their children and refuse to hold them accountable for their attitudes and actions.

It's a sad indictment of our society as a whole.

End of rant. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Ginger Beer based drinks, or Mules are emerging, or really popular already. Are you making those?

Moscow mule yeah. And I wanna say there's a different mule exclusively in a punch bowl? 

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Coaching HS kids is as rewarding and infuriating of a process as you'll ever be a part of. I love what I do, but holding kids accountable for their character and attitude is extremely frustrating when this doesn't happen at home and then coaches are blamed.

If people want to know why HS coaching quality is dwindling, they need to look in the mirror, because we are getting burned out by those who enable their children and refuse to hold them accountable for their attitudes and actions.

It's a sad indictment of our society as a whole.

End of rant. 

It's the Entitled States of America these days.  If you boil everything down into one all-encompassing word, entitlement is what's wrong. I don't think I'd be able to last a week in your shoes.  Literally.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Moscow mule yeah. And I wanna say there's a different mule exclusively in a punch bowl? 

Yeah, I think that's the original but others I've seen places with different offerings. Replace the vodka with gin and call it a London Mule, or use bourbon and call it a Kentucky mule. I think the London mule is the best one. If the distillery makes a dark rum, you could use that and call it a dark and stormy but you probably shouldn't. 

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can you just get a free bible from any church? Like if I were to walk in on my lunch break. Wait are the buildings even open during the week?

Yes.

I know for a fact that my church would 100% give you one on the spot, no questions asked. We also have a lot of literature on specific topics that's there for free.

31 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can you just get a free bible from any church? Like if I were to walk in on my lunch break. Wait are the buildings even open during the week?

Yes.  Church's do a lot more than just have a pastor preach for an hour on Sundays.  You'll find most churches are open normal business hours.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Most places give away free Bibles.  Like hotels.  I take the free Bible every time I stay in one. 

Just now, cddolphin said:

Get with the times brah airbnb is what's up..

Why do you need so many? Are you using them for insulation or something..

It was a joke.  The Bibles in hotels are not free.  Jokes aside, just go to a thrift store.  A lot of thrift stores don't charge for them, there are always a lot of Bibles, and even if they do charge, a New American Standard version won't cost you more than five dollars. 

What do you need a Bible for anyway?  Is this for something less important than your eternal soul?