What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think Twitter is one of the biggest culprits in contributing to crap grammar, and thus I hate Twitter.

Nah it's just people + the internet.

Twitter is the only good way to get NFL news nowadays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think Twitter is one of the biggest culprits in contributing to crap grammar, and thus I hate Twitter.  I have never once tried Twitter, and I never will. 

I... actually agree with you.

• Like 1

Just now, cddolphin said:

Nah it's just people + the internet.

Twitter is the only good way to get NFL news nowadays.

No.  Brevity is the soul of wit, and people aren't witty.  Having a limit to how many letters you can type promotes using U instead of you and so on, and that laziness transfers to texting and on and on and on.  Look at how many people on Twitter require an interpreter.  Then look at a site like this.  There are VERY few people who are atrocious at grammar on a site like this, and yet the majority of people on Twitter are awful. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  Brevity is the soul of wit, and people aren't witty.  Having a limit to how many letters you can type promotes using U instead of you and so on, and that laziness transfers to texting and on and on and on.  Look at how many people on Twitter require an interpreter.  Then look at a site like this.  There are VERY few people who are atrocious at grammar on a site like this, and yet the majority of people on Twitter are awful. 

you called?

also highkey i feel it should be "with grammar" but i'm not certain so i won't be a **** about it lmao

Just now, Shady Slim said:

you called?

also highkey i feel it should be "with grammar" but i'm not certain so i won't be a **** about it lmao

No, you can't suggest I'm wrong at something grammatically without finding out for sure.  Unlike most people, I actually prefer learning and correcting improper grammar, and I actually appreciate it when people point it out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, you can't suggest I'm wrong at something grammatically without finding out for sure.  Unlike most people, I actually prefer learning and correcting improper grammar, and I actually appreciate it when people point it out. 

i tried to search around but it's very hard to find the correct grammar for the word grammar bc by including grammar in my search google thinks i'm looking for the grammar of the words at and with rather than the grammar of grammar

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpPUh-prc5ZWibwvuD4ed 

• Like 3

Just now, cddolphin said:

but this sentence isnt gramatically correct

In what way?  The commas?  I'm referring to obscure types of grammar.  For example, the difference between with and at.  I make legitimate attempts to correct it in the future.  I have just recently been able to correct myself when it comes to the difference between good and well when someone asks me how I'm doing.  It took forever because I didn't like the way it sounded. 

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Didn't hate it, didn't love it.  I added like 48 hours worth of music to my library about a month ago and I have to go through all of that music and rate it before I dive too deep into anything else. 

His voice is silky like a knife through butter 

15 hours ago, Tyty said:

Ive never really understood how businesses like restaurants and grocery stores can afford to buy products to sell, pay for the building they're in, and pay their employees. Especially accounting for the stuff that goes bad and never gets sold. They must be getting their inventory for a very small percentage of what the sell it for

I work at a grocery store. Just went to an annual state of the business meeting. Our store lost $400,000 last year. But that is somewhat of an anomaly. We have other stores in the region that make a lot of money annually, and they supplement our loses. We are also paying off a substantial remodel that happened at the end of 2016. The profit margins on the grocery side are extremely minimal, but they're purchased in bulk for discounted prices, and we typically sell a lot of product. So those pennies and dimes adds up in every transaction. There a lot of products in the fresh departments that aren't bought until they're sold. So if they go bad, we just throw them away at no loss to the company. Even with products that go bad, that cost typically gets kicked back to the distributor. We write off a lot of spoiled and broken products. Large left over quantities get remedied. A lot of the money we lose comes from lost time accidents or general shrink. So product that is stolen or unaccounted for and goes missing/accidentally thrown away.

• Like 1