What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 3/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, cddolphin said:

"Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults"

Was one I always liked.

I always hated that one.

Seems like half the time it's a crutch for crappy coaches who can't get through to kids who are smarter than them.

But then, truly uncoachable kids are the absolute worst.  So idk.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, cddolphin said:

His bae is a top-10 athlete's GF though.

lindsey-duke-bikini.jpg

Where does Danica Patrick rank in all this?  How does being both an athlete's GF (Rodgers) and an athlete GF (at least until she finishes up her farewell tour at the Indy500) influence her score?  Do you like...multiply it by two?  Or .5?  Or how does the math on this work???  It seems complicated.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, MWil23 said:

At 6'8 and 250, running a sub 4.5 40 more than likely, he'd definitely make a roster. His ball skills/leaping ability alone would make him a viable Red Zone threat.

Now, 33 years old, that's a concern.

He's barely older than Hayden Hurst.  I doubt it would be an issue.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, THE DUKE said:

39ad2572e6d245f9a0c7529848897dbc_front.j

He's no **** Trickle though.  That's all time great.

20 hours ago, Tyty said:

Only pizza place in town fam

How the heck?

Not that i have any hate for Pizza Hut...that was my younger self's fav pizza joint in town by far...but how?  Don't you have to at least have to be a big enough town to have competition, before you get a Pizza Hut?

Must have some ruthless as heck owners just shredding any competition or something?

On 3/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

Seems like maybe perhaps old Ronald's big Drug War isn't going all that great these days.  Hard to tell though.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, xenajets said:

So a really strange thing happened to me today....

Me, my wife and two sons were out shopping in Manchester as we generally always do most weekends (yes I’m under the thumb!)

Anyway...my eldest son who’s just 18 months needed a haircut. We were in a market full of food, clothes, barbers, nail bars etc. Really full of diversity. One of the barbers was a ‘traditional barbers’ as stated on their sign. 

Now we are white, I’m half Italian (father) and half English (mother) and had no conceived notion that any barber was different to another. This barbers we chose was full of black barbers and black clientele. Again I had no thought other than it’s a barbers and my son needs a haircut. 

We went in and asked if it could be done (some barbers can be funny with small kidskin they cry) and the guy looked at me as if I had two heads. I genuinely had to repeat myself three times before we were seated (son was on my lap) and to get his haircut. The barber was fantastic and my son was amazing. He had a great cut and we were complimented on his behaviour and how beautiful he was. 

I chatted to him about life etc and got on great with the other barbers doing their work. As we were leaving they wouldn’t let us pay for the cut, I had to demand we wouldn’t leave unless they took our money (and a generous tip). They said in 6 years there they can’t remember ever cutting a white persons hair. They thought either I had the biggest pair of balls known to man or that I genuinely could give a **** what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc someone is. I just take them for the person they are. 

I find it unbelievable that in 2018 these things still exist. I’m well aware of the things going on in the world so I’m certainly not naive but my god what is the point in hating and going out of your way to feel superior than someone else. 

Anyway rant over. Just a very weird experience and I getting topic. We will be returning when my son needs a cut again ??

I need to find a black barbershop.  All the other ones are way too hit or miss.

I even tried getting myself a regular barber-ess at the last place, and she's only managed 2/4 quality haircuts.  That's not great man.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

How the heck?

Not that i have any hate for Pizza Hut...that was my younger self's fav pizza joint in town by far...but how?  Don't you have to at least have to be a big enough town to have competition, before you get a Pizza Hut?

Must have some ruthless as heck owners just shredding any competition or something?

There is actually this like 200 square foot pizza place that seems like it's going out of business in town but it's pretty forgettable and their delivery scheme is suspect 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

There is actually this like 200 square foot pizza place that seems like it's going out of business in town but it's pretty forgettable and their delivery scheme is suspect 

Sounds like a business opportunity.  Your chance to make it "big".

I had a friend who wanted to open a pizza place. Everyone said there were already too many pizza places and it was a terrible idea. He did it anyway and sells pizzas as fast as he can make them.

There is always a market for more pizza.

20 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I had a friend who wanted to open a pizza place. Everyone said there were already too many pizza places and it was a terrible idea. He did it anyway and sells pizzas as fast as he can make them.

There is always a market for more pizza.

Especially if the only joint within 20 minutes is Pizza Hut.  

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Made some spicy coconut chicken and rice yesterday in the Instant Pot - so friggin good, I love this Instant Pot.

Best thing my wife and I got as a house warming gift last fall. Love all the things you can make with that. We make hard boiled eggs in there at least once a week and will make some smaller pork shoulders to make some carnitas every few weeks are our go to’s. Have you tried making yogurt or any other cold items in there? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Best thing my wife and I got as a house warming gift last fall. Love all the things you can make with that. We make hard boiled eggs in there at least once a week and will make some smaller pork shoulders to make some carnitas every few weeks are our go to’s. Have you tried making yogurt or any other cold items in there? 

Not yet - had it for about two weeks, only made a few soups and the coconut chicken (it tastes like massamun curry, if you're big into thai food - I think I'm going to add some potatoes and crushed peanuts into it next time).

I'm thinking of starting an Instant Pot thread to share recipies and stuff. Going to try chicken tikka masala later this week. :D