What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

The new FV3 GFS shows A memorial day slammer into Tampa:Image

The old GFS shows a slammer into Naples:

This is probably the GFS being the GFS, but keep your eyes out for anything that forms in the Caribbean/Gulf.

What is this a hurricane? 

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Fair enough, just know that they prob would have laughed you off the phone. At someone else's insistence I once called them about a baby squirrel we found at the base of a tree... they basically said "...and?"

Yeah, I had to euthanize a big brown bat, and they made me bring it to the lab myself.

I thought they'd jump at the chance to drive to my house to collect it and examine the brain

23 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Ah, so you live in Yuma?

No, Tucson. I meant in terms of walking distance. The adult duck could probably find something no problem. I would not be worried about an adult duck in the yard. But the babies are barely moving, they are super slow. They moseyed down the road tho after a couple hours of just staying in the shade. 

Also yes, I realize its probably not a pet lol. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

No, Tucson. I meant in terms of walking distance. The adult duck could probably find something no problem. I would not be worried about an adult duck in the yard. But the babies are barely moving, they are super slow. They moseyed down the road tho after a couple hours of just staying in the shade. 

Oh, what's up neighbor! Where do you live? I live out in Vail. And well, they might be able to make it to the sea of cortes.

32 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

You would have to work in the middle of a hurricane? Seriously?

I remember last year when that projected cat 4 was coming, UCF didn't cancel until 2 days before landfall because it didn't look close enough when it was projected to boomerang around Tampa, which is ~30-40 miles away

like 2 years ago we had a low level cat 1 and they didn't cancel classes before it hit. Just sent out an email like 2 hours before my class saying class was canceled. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also yes, I realize its probably not a pet lol. 

Get a kiddie pool.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

A cat 2 after travelling inland 50 miles basically becomes a heavy thunderstorm

True

2 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

I remember last year when that projected cat 4 was coming, UCF didn't cancel until 2 days before landfall because it didn't look close enough when it was projected to boomerang around Tampa, which is ~30-40 miles away

like 2 years ago we had a low level cat 1 and they didn't cancel classes before it hit. Just sent out an email like 2 hours before my class saying class was canceled. 

I know its Florida, but seriously? And that was Irma, and she was a cat 5. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just read that San Francisco has a problem with discarded syringes because San Francisco hands out free syringes to drug users.  What sense does that plan even make? 

If they get free syringes then they wont share needles so it stops the spread of diseases.