What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

There's a post office right next to my office building so I walked there on my lunch break just now to mail a letter and this white and grey bird tried to attack me. It swooped down at me and brushed my right arm when I had my back turned to it.??? I know that type of bird because at my house every year the same kind of bird makes a nest in my hedges. One time a couple years ago I was cutting my grass and the bird did the same thing except it swooped and hit me on top of my head! I knew the type of bird when I was walking, just didn't realize there was a nest nearby.???

Be aware people!!!

37 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Smoked a 10# brisket yesterday, got it on at midnight and took it off at 4 PM, was very good. I wouldn't have minded a touch more salt to really bring out the flavor, but the taste was nice and the texture was great.

I did a 4.5lb. Could have been slightly softer, but was seasoned great. 

Are you foil or paper wrapping?

Just now, MrDrew said:

I did a 4.5lb. Could have been slightly softer, but was seasoned great. 

Are you foil or paper wrapping?

No foil, no paper, though, we did think about trying paper for the next one we do. The foil would cause it to have less of a crust on it, which we were going for, though, I don't think we did a great job of getting one. That's something else I'll be working on for the next one.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

No foil, no paper, though, we did think about trying paper for the next one we do. The foil would cause it to have less of a crust on it, which we were going for, though, I don't think we did a great job of getting one. That's something else I'll be working on for the next one.

Paper definitely works better than foil. You let it get to 160 internal, and then wrap it. 

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

On a job ad it says “there is an end of project bonus for those who qualify.” Does that mean it’s only a temp job?

Not necessarily.  They could do primarily project work and reward good projects with bonuses.

But most likely it's a position for a specific project, yeah.  Only way to know for sure is ask during the interview.

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Not necessarily.  They could do primarily project work and reward good projects with bonuses.

But most likely it's a position for a specific project, yeah.  Only way to know for sure is ask during the interview.

I figured it out. It’s a traveling job. Which is a bummer because it’s $3 more an hour for the same thing I do now

You wanna know how I know that the NBA subforum is bad? The greatest story in the history of sports is more than 12 hours old, and still hasn't gotten it's own thread.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

The former GM of a team just used nerd powers to out the current GM and dude who took his job's burner accounts. The fact that there's a HIPAA violation in here is just the icing on the cake. Also this happened:

How is this not addressed on this website!?

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You wanna know how I know that the NBA subforum is bad? The greatest story in the history of sports is more than 12 hours old, and still hasn't gotten it's own thread.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

The former GM of a team just used nerd powers to out the current GM and dude who took his job's burner accounts. The fact that there's a HIPAA violation in here is just the icing on the cake. Also this happened:

You’re expecting some of us to check the basketball forum?

ifFsPE2.gif

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was wondering why everyone was going insane over a Joel Embiid tweet. Now I know why. That's crazy. Not only is that guy likely going to be fired (right?), he's probably going to be charged with a crime.

6 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I was wondering why everyone was going insane over a Joel Embiid tweet. Now I know why. That's crazy. Not only is that guy likely going to be fired (right?), he's probably going to be charged with a crime.

He's obviously getting fired. The accounts weren't pure burners in that they also followed his kid's basketball career, had confidential information, had matches on the last 2 digits of Collangelo's work phone, etc. etc. They are so blatantly him, and that's beyond a fire-able offense. 

He's going to never work in the NBA again. 

Legitimately, this is the funniest thing I can remember happening in the sports world. Definitely funnier than Mante Teo's "dead" girlfriend. Maybe not quite as crazy as OJ running from the cops in a Ford Bronco, but definitely funnier than that. Also probably funnier than the Yankees players swapping wives, even though that's pretty good.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's obviously getting fired. The accounts weren't pure burners in that they also followed his kid's basketball career, had confidential information, had matches on the last 2 digits of Collangelo's work phone, etc. etc. They are so blatantly him, and that's beyond a fire-able offense. 

He's going to never work in the NBA again. 

This is so goddamn funny.

best part imo is Embiid going through each burner account and liking every tweet that criticized him lol

• Like 1