What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Front or hindquarters? How/where do you process it? or is it all cut up already?

How much did you pay? if you don’t mind me asking...

I think it was around $500 for the quarter cow. We should be getting brisket, t-bone, some more steaks/roast and hamburger. It's all chopped up and processed. We were able to pick how thick we wanted the steaks and how much would be in each package of hamburger as well as some cuts we'd prefer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think it was around $500 for the quarter cow. We should be getting brisket, t-bone, some more steaks/roast and hamburger. It's all chopped up and processed. We were able to pick how thick we wanted the steaks and how much would be in each package of hamburger as well as some cuts we'd prefer.

How many lbs total? Do you know?

People at work have asked me if I could cut up sides of beef for them. I’m not really even sure what I would charge or if I could do it at home anyways lol.

Edited by domepatrol91

I was also thinking about buying a whole pig and cutting it up myself. A dozen or so pork chops, a couple pot roasts, babyback ribs, pork belly, and a couple butt roasts, I’d smoke the hocks and shanks and turn the rest into sausage. 

I was hoping you were going to do it yourself at home and I was going to ask what your process was lol. It seems daunting 

Edited by domepatrol91

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Out of curiosity google sent me here:

http://www.newgrassfarm.com/ordering-quarters-halves-whole-beef

It says a quarter cow is 150-180lbs of meat for $3.65/lbs and another $0.65/lbs for processing. $650-$700 neighborhood.

Must have a big freezer.

I think that probably varies from ranch to ranch and probably more from region to region. But yeah I could probably just look up places around me and see what they charge and if it’s possible for me to charge the same and still be worth my time.

10 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I’m eating a meatball sandwich and drinking green tea #semihealthy #randomstatus #lookatme #likethispost

When you do some box jumps, be sure to tweet a video. The JJ Watt Act in 2013 actually made it illegal to do box jumps without accompanying social media.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

He was joking at being at 666

The conversation went on from there. I just picked the starting point.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When you do some box jumps, be sure to tweet a video. The JJ Watt Act in 2013 actually made it illegal to do box jumps without accompanying social media.

That's "Dr. JJ Watt" to you, non-Doctor.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

That's "Dr. JJ Watt" to you, non-Doctor.

I posted that in the Badgers thread.

1. Baylor can die forever and ever.
2. JJ Watt's tweet doesn't exactly make it clear that he is aware he is not a medical doctor. I'm legitimately concerned he thinks he is qualified to give CPR or operate on himself the next time he destroys his back.

• Like 1