Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

5 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Championship game:

• Drew Brees vs. Steelers or Russell Wilson vs. Chiefs?

I'm leaning Brees in a dome, but Wilson is tempting...

I feel like they are pretty similar. I'm leaning wilson though. I don't think they are going to be able to run it as much playing catchup with the chiefs.

14 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Hard to believe but I think I"m at a point where I think I need to bench David Johnson for my championship game. I've got McAffrey vs. ATL locked in, and then from there am I crazy for preferring Derrick Henry vs. WAS and Marlon Mack vs. NYG over DJ's matchup with a Rams team that is probably gonna blow the Cards out big time? 

It's absolutely the sort of thing that will haunt me if DJ randomly delivers and Henry turns back into a pumpkin... but starting DJ also feels like picking the name over the matchup. 

0.5 PPR league btw

Lifting this back up because I really do want some advice on this, here it is in a more simplified way.

Pick 2 from these 3, 0.5 PPR:

David Johnson vs. LAR

Derrick Henry vs. WAS

Marlon Mack vs. NYG 

Championship Week

I'm back for more advice/validation.

QB: I currently have Goff (@ARI) and Josh Allen (@NE). I am leaning toward starting Allen due to matchup because Bills are likely to be trailing or close and Rams will probably have an early lead and let the running game close it out (Goff also has scared me the last few weeks.

WR: I have locked in Edelman and Adams and need 1 more WR. I have Pettis (v CHI), Fitzgerald (v LAR), Robert Foster (@NE) and Adam Humphries (@DAL).

Pick 1: Jared Goff or Josh Allen

Pick 1: Pettis, Fitz, Foster, Humphries

18 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Championship Week

QB: I currently have Goff (@ARI) and Josh Allen (@NE). I am leaning toward starting Allen due to matchup because Bills are likely to be trailing or close and Rams will probably have an early lead and let the running game close it out (Goff also has scared me the last few weeks.

WR: I have locked in Edelman and Adams and need 1 more WR. I have Pettis (v CHI), Fitzgerald (v LAR), Robert Foster (@NE) and Adam Humphries (@DAL).

I'd probably go Goff over Allen still tbh, especially if the Rams rest a banged up Gurley. The Cards have completely given up and McVay is gonna make a point of trying to get Goff going in this one to try to get back into a rhythm before the playoffs. Pats defense has been very solid and Belichek tends to fare well against rookie QB's and will likely gameplan to keep him in the pocket. 

But if you're confident in Allen, then you should probably also be confident in Foster at WR. 

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Championship Week

I think I'd go with Goff. Gurley has a bum knee and may not play, and even if he does there's a good chance he'll be used as more of a decoy since we want to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Goff and McVay have to be reeling from the recent passing struggles, so if Goff is going to have a bounce-back game, this game vs Arizona seems like a good time. FWIW Goff had 21.36 points vs Arizona in Week 2.

I'd go with Pettis for the 2nd pick. He's been hot and the Bears have given up a decent amount of fantasy points to WRs. Fitzgerald only had like 4 PPR points vs the Rams in Week 2. 

Here's my question:

Should I start Josh Gordon vs Buffalo or Dante Pettis vs Chicago? (PPR)

4 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I think I'd go with Goff. Gurley has a bum knee and may not play, and even if he does there's a good chance he'll be used as more of a decoy since we want to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Goff and McVay have to be reeling from the recent passing struggles, so if Goff is going to have a bounce-back game, this game vs Arizona seems like a good time. FWIW Goff had 21.36 points vs Arizona in Week 2.

I'd go with Pettis for the 2nd pick. He's been hot and the Bears have given up a decent amount of fantasy points to WRs. Fitzgerald only had like 4 PPR points vs the Rams in Week 2. 

Here's my question:

I would be hesitant to start anyone against the Bears defense

Half point PPR league. Championship game. Never done this well in fantasy football, so figured I'd come back to the well one more time

Gotta start one:

Aaron Rodgers at the Jets or Matt Ryan at Carolina

Need to start two:

Nick Chubb vs Cincy

Lamar Miller at Philly

Leonard Fournette at Miami

Spencer Ware at Seattle

Jamal William's at the Jets

10 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lifting this back up because I really do want some advice on this, here it is in a more simplified way.

Pick 2 from these 3, 0.5 PPR:

David Johnson vs. LAR

Derrick Henry vs. WAS

Marlon Mack vs. NYG 

I'm thinking of benching Johnson for Mack. I always go with my studs but the rams will be out for blood this game and I bet that AZ abandons the run game after being down early. Go with your gut. The matchup is there.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Weirdly, they have allowed the tenth most receiver points on a per game average the last 6 weeks. That being said, when facing an elite defense, I think I want the guy getting passes from Tom Brady, not Nick Mullens

I cant believe Im asking this... Goff or Nick Foles?

also 

.5ppr Do I sit brandin cooks for:

Godwin @ DAL

Drake vs JAX

Justin Jackson vs BAL

Not a fan of the PP matchup with cooks. I have roster fodder to cut if there is anyone out there working picking up?

20 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Here's my question:

16 hours ago, Slateman said:

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Weirdly, they have allowed the tenth most receiver points on a per game average the last 6 weeks. That being said, when facing an elite defense, I think I want the guy getting passes from Tom Brady, not Nick Mullens

This may make the decision easier: https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/12/20/patriots-receiver-josh-gordon-stepping-away-from-football-to-focus-on-mental-health

10 hours ago, N4L said:

I cant believe Im asking this... Goff or Nick Foles?

also 

.5ppr Do I sit brandin cooks for:

Godwin @ DAL

Drake vs JAX

Justin Jackson vs BAL

Not a fan of the PP matchup with cooks. I have roster fodder to cut if there is anyone out there working picking up?

I think I'm going with Goff and Cooks. It's a solid matchup, and while you can make the argument for Foles, I'd feel more comfortable about that if he had a solid baseline in fantasy ala Jackson / Allen via the rushing. If Foles tanks, he's getting you nothing (whereas if those guys tank, they're probably giving you something through the rushing game). As for Cooks, generally, I like to roll with my studs even though I will change it up based on matchups, but all three of those guys have pretty bad matchups overall. 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So it looks like Conner is out again this week...

If Odell plays, I can play him in the flex over Conner. I have Chubb and Lindsay starting at RB.

My question is should I start Kittle at TE or roll with Samuels?

I'm assuming it's a yahoo league where Samuels has tight end eligibility? 

If that's the case, I'm rolling with Samuels at TE over Kittle if Conner is out. If OBJ doesn't play, and Conner is out, you can use Samuels in the flex and kittle at tight end, but my preference is probably the former if it works out. 

Archived