Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

1) Tough call, I could go either way, though I think I may lean slightly toward Sutton in this situation if only because the Ravens passing game can vary. Sneed is nearly a lock for 5 catches that steal from the other two, and then it sort of goes back and forth between Crabs and Brown. Brown certainly has the boom / bust thing going on lately.  I think Sutton just has a clearer path to targets, and I'm not going to assume that they are going to keep using him almost exclusively down the field. I'm assuming that his route tree will be expanded. That being said, there is a little fear that everyone just assumes that he takes over DT's role, and those kind of assumptions can be killer. For all we know, Sutton isn't ready to do that yet and DTs role is basically assumed by multiple receivers, so there's certainly some risk there. It's very close to me, and I won't fight too hard either way. 

2) Probably lindsay I think? There's something to be said about the fact that the guy scores 11-18 points each and every game. Johnson is still subject to Matt Patricia's whims, and even though the Minnesota defense hasn't been what we thought it was, I still don't love the matchup. I'm hoping that with the trade of Tate they want to commit to Johnson a little bit more, but I don't know that. 

3) I lean toward sitting Richard at the current point in time. He does have some crazy potential value as the 49ers are simply atrocious defending running backs out of the backfield, but I like the Montgomery trade for Jones' usage, I like Lindsay, and I like Chubb, all of whom have very clearly defined roles within the offense and will get both volume and quality. 

I'm kind of wary starting Chubb. I feel like KC is going to steamroll the Browns early and Chubb might not get used as much as Richard

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm kind of wary starting Chubb. I feel like KC is going to steamroll the Browns early and Chubb might not get used as much as Richard

Oh, no doubt that they are going to get destroyed. And I would certainly feel better about it if Chubb had any impact on the passing game whatsoever. At the same time, I'm hoping the Browns realize that the way to at least compete with the Chiefs is by trying to keep their offense off the field and go run heavy. He at least has a shot at breaking a big one, not to mention he's the unquestioned 1 yard touchdown run guy, which is helpful. I don't think the browns get shut out or anything, so I think he's got a decent shot at scoring a touchdown (at least, that's my hope). Richard has had some nice games out of the backfield lately, and while it's certainly possible that continues against the 49ers, I also wouldn't be shocked if that game goes the Raiders way early and they just start pounding Martin. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I need a defense(yards matter somewhat)

Jets @ Miami

Titans @ Cowboys

Cowboys vs Titans

KC @ Cleveland

Also I need 2 starting WRs(standard league)

Doug Baldwin vs Chargers

Tyrell Williams @ Seattle

Davante Parker vs Jets

DJ Moore vs TB

@ me if you want help, you know I'm on daily

Starting the Cowboys

Still didn't practice yesterday so if that continues, I'll roll with Parker but man those four are all close imo. Doug has the name but he's yet to do much and Seattle is run heavy this year.

Parker

Moore

Baldwin

Williams

If Still is out.

If Still plays then 

Moore

Baldwin

Williams

Parker

@JaguarCrazy2832 My question is currently streaming Flacco this week, I have Wentz. Stafford, Trubisky, and Dak are still in the pool. Would you still start flacco over these three?

6 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Not sure which defense to start this week...

Chiefs @ Cleveland 
Cowboys vs Tennessee
Jets @ Miami 

In my league we set it up this year to where yards against doesn't really matter. It's just really based on points allowed and sacks/ints/TDs.

I'm starting the Cowboys in my league, though I'm not enamored with it. I think that they have a solid floor and shouldn't get shelled, which honestly, is all I'm really looking for on my defense. 

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Starting the Cowboys

Still didn't practice yesterday so if that continues, I'll roll with Parker but man those four are all close imo. Doug has the name but he's yet to do much and Seattle is run heavy this year.

Parker

Moore

Baldwin

Williams

If Still is out.

If Still plays then 

Moore

Baldwin

Williams

Parker

@JaguarCrazy2832 My question is currently streaming Flacco this week, I have Wentz. Stafford, Trubisky, and Dak are still in the pool. Would you still start flacco over these three?

Idk what you mean by in tbe pool but id start Stafford and Mitch over Flacco

2 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Denver hosting Houston or Chargers at Seattle this week?

I think Denver? The thing I don't like about that Chargers game is that Seattle is so damn run heavy. That's not great for racking up defensive points. You're basically hoping for them holding Seattle to low point / yardage totals for the game to get a nominal amount of points. Yes, Houston will likely score more points than the Chargers do against seattle, but their chances of building points through sacks (Houston has one of the worst offensive lines in football) and potential offensive miscues. It's a little bit risky, for sure, but the upside for the Chargers just isn't there in my opinion. 

On 11/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think i'll take Denver and hope they can get to Watson.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, Forge said:

I think Denver? The thing I don't like about that Chargers game is that Seattle is so damn run heavy. That's not great for racking up defensive points. You're basically hoping for them holding Seattle to low point / yardage totals for the game to get a nominal amount of points. Yes, Houston will likely score more points than the Chargers do against seattle, but their chances of building points through sacks (Houston has one of the worst offensive lines in football) and potential offensive miscues. It's a little bit risky, for sure, but the upside for the Chargers just isn't there in my opinion. 

Thanks guys, was leaning this way.  I am sort of expecting to lose this week so I started making moves for later weeks.

I rostered both of them since LAC has good matchups the following three weeks and the Broncos  have good playoff matchups.   Weird strategy I know, but defenses score a lot in this league.  I can afford the roster spot until I drop LAC in three weeks.

Archived