Special K (and P and LS and the rest of the special teams unit)

Klomp

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We'll see how badly Spielman wants to save face over the 5th.

Either way, a 5th rounder for a punter that's not blowing Wile out of the water isn't a good look.

I’m starting to agree. Vedvik has done NOTHING to earn a spot. 

We’re eternally doomed by the kicker Gods. For whatever reason. 

Bailey/Wile is fine, as long as Bailey plays better. Which he's started doing as soon as Vedvik showed up. 

Vedvik was a waste of a 5th round pick. Spielman got swindled by the Ravens. 

At least they figured that out tonight and not during the season. 

11 hours ago, Krauser said:

Bailey/Wile is fine, as long as Bailey plays better. Which he's started doing as soon as Vedvik showed up. 

Vedvik was a waste of a 5th round pick. Spielman got swindled by the Ravens. 

At least they figured that out tonight and not during the season. 

Perhaps he's a practice squad candidate. 

He was excellent in Baltimore from various spots on the field. I think the talent is there, and maybe a full season working with the ST coaches could help determine if he has a future as a punter or kicker. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Perhaps he's a practice squad candidate. 

He was excellent in Baltimore from various spots on the field. I think the talent is there, and maybe a full season working with the ST coaches could help determine if he has a future as a punter or kicker. 

We'll see what they do.

I'm not worried about the 5th round pick as Spielman will surely trade back to get more picks.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

He’ll sign with the Bears and he’ll kick two game winners against the Vikings this year. 

That would certainly be the most likely outcome.  I think they could certainly attempt to put him on the practice squad, but someone will snap him up, because they all will discount his time here as an aberration, since we have no history of having any successful kickers since Longwell...and haven't developed a kicker since Fred Cox.  

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That would certainly be the most likely outcome.  I think they could certainly attempt to put him on the practice squad, but someone will snap him up, because they all will discount his time here as an aberration, since we have no history of having any successful kickers since Longwell...and haven't developed a kicker since Fred Cox.  

I do find it funny that the Vikings have had issues with their kicking, even though they’ve done a good job of evaluating and recognizing talent.