Special K (and P and LS and the rest of the special teams unit)

Klomp

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A lot of people believe that his holding has been a big issue with the kicking woes. 

Plus, “wasn’t that bad” should be enough of an explanation as to why they looked elsewhere. 

I get the holding concern. There has to be something to that.

Just don't get the desire to move on given the age difference and Wile's cheap rookie contract. The Vikes must feel Wile has no potential to get better, i find that hard to believe. Do the Vikes not have the coaches in place to coach up Wile, and Vedvik for that matter. Given how they botched the Carlson situation and blew a 5th round pick on a high upside/no experience type, I can't give them the benefit of the doubt as it relates to building a ST unit. 

I'm just confused is all and there's no way i'm alone.

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Can anyone explain this punter decision?

Wile was pretty good last year. 

Maalouf wanted to upgrade from him. The concern seems to be his work as a holder but maybe he doesn’t like what he does as a punter for whatever reason. 

Colquitt has been a pretty good punter over the years, and is a good holder. He played with the Broncos when Kubiak was there.

Colquitt was available because Cleveland kept a young punter nicknamed “The Scottish Hammer”. It was considered a surprise Colquitt was released. He was expected to have a strong market:

Colquitt was heading for Buffalo to join the Bills when Kubiak reached him and persuaded him to join the Vikings instead.

So it’s not such a weird story. The ST coach wanted to replace Wile. They got their chance to acquire a guy with a better reputation / pedigree and took it.

Edited by Krauser
  • Like 1