Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

On 7/20/2019 at 7:22 PM, Outpost31 said:

Am I really the only one who thinks this looks crappy as hell?  I mean look back through this thread and I was the one most excited for this, but I’m genuinely shocked others here don’t seem to think it looks like crap.  

This could be a poor man's version of early-GoT visually, as that didn't have a huge budget either.

And I'm just talking visually. I'm excited for this, but comparing it to GoT in any other way at this point is ridiculous. 

Side note, because it dawned on me that not everyone realizes this (the post with the pics of actors next the their game counterparts particularly), the games and the books are NOT based on the same material. The games are a SEQUEL to the books. Witcher 1 picks up years after the end of the book series. So for those of you expecting this show to have any storylines from the games are probably going to be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Side note, because it dawned on me that not everyone realizes this (the post with the pics of actors next the their game counterparts particularly), the games and the books are NOT based on the same material. The games are a SEQUEL to the books. Witcher 1 picks up years after the end of the book series. So for those of you expecting this show to have any storylines from the games are probably going to be disappointed. 

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/07/20/netflix-the-witcher-bathtub-scene/

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Not sure if you read the article I posted, but it was there for more comedic value than anything. 

wasnt sure if you were trying to suggest that there being 'A' bathtub in the show meant they were going to incorporate things from the game lol. I have seen poster seriously pull on similar strings haha 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

wasnt sure if you were trying to suggest that there being 'A' bathtub in the show meant they were going to incorporate things from the game lol. I have seen poster seriously pull on similar strings haha 

Haha, that's true. I wouldn't be surprised if there were easter eggs to be found from the video games though (I would consider a bathtub scene with Geralt an easter egg more than anything)

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Haha, that's true. I wouldn't be surprised if there were easter eggs to be found from the video games though (I would consider a bathtub scene with Geralt an easter egg more than anything)

With the games being the future of the show's source material, it wouldnt be surprising to see strong hints at things that come in the games that only those who played will really pick up on 

• 3 months later...