Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm coming into this mostly dark having never played the games nor read the source material, but i'm definitely looking forward to it at this point.  Not sure if the wife will be on board with watching it with me, but she might dig it.

To someone without source material knowledge, it will be some weird mix of GoT, LotR, and Van Helsing

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm coming into this mostly dark having never played the games nor read the source material, but i'm definitely looking forward to it at this point.  Not sure if the wife will be on board with watching it with me, but she might dig it.

I'm in the exact same boat.  I got her into GoT, so hopefully if I enjoy this, she'll get on board, too.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm going to try to read the first book before I watch the series but I don't know if I'll be able to hold off if there are spoilers everywhere. lol 

My partner watches lots of fantasy shows with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm two episodes in. Gotta call it a night so I'll probably stop there for now. Definitely enjoying it so far. Couple of the characters have been spot on. Cavill is a great Geralt. Yen and Ciri seem well cast so far, though definitely need more time with each. Dandelion is....Dandelion. Fight scene in episode one was absolutely fantastic. Daredevil levels of exciting, to me. Some good introductions to the world.

Characters are a little directionless so far, is the one criticism I might make, but it's still early and they're still introducing everything. I guess Geralt's plot in episode two was a little eh, but he wasn't the focus of the episode.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I'm two episodes in. Gotta call it a night so I'll probably stop there for now. Definitely enjoying it so far. Couple of the characters have been spot on. Cavill is a great Geralt. Yen and Ciri seem well cast so far, though definitely need more time with each. Dandelion is....Dandelion. Fight scene in episode one was absolutely fantastic. Daredevil levels of exciting, to me. Some good introductions to the world.

Characters are a little directionless so far, is the one criticism I might make, but it's still early and they're still introducing everything. I guess Geralt's plot in episode two was a little eh, but he wasn't the focus of the episode.

This is fantastic. I still talk about the two Daredevil one take fight scenes to this day.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Anyone started yet? I'm excited. I have Star Wars tonight, but will crack this open tomorrow. 

I just started episode 1, and it's following the first book so far (one of the stories within, at least). I haven't finished the first book, nor have I finished the games, but I do have some knowledge of the universe, along with a lot more due to the Gwent game.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I just started episode 1, and it's following the first book so far (one of the stories within, at least). I haven't finished the first book, nor have I finished the games, but I do have some knowledge of the universe, along with a lot more due to the Gwent game.

Man, I was a master of Qwent.  It got to the point where it wasn't even in doubt whether or not I would win anymore and that the only doubt was whether or not I could top my high score.  I remember I calculated how many points it was possible to score in a game of Gwent and I got a bit obsessive over trying to get there.  I would spend wayyyyy too much time playing over and over again with certain shopkeepers who had those spy cards.  Anybody who played that game without those spy cards doesn't know how to play that game. 

Anyhoo, as far as the series, I want to give it a shot, but looking at those reviews... Eesh.  They're supposed to be taking it easy on the whole agenda, and for those reviews to be as brutal as they've been I'm not sure there's a point in watching it. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, I was a master of Qwent.  It got to the point where it wasn't even in doubt whether or not I would win anymore and that the only doubt was whether or not I could top my high score.  I remember I calculated how many points it was possible to score in a game of Gwent and I got a bit obsessive over trying to get there.  I would spend wayyyyy too much time playing over and over again with certain shopkeepers who had those spy cards.  Anybody who played that game without those spy cards doesn't know how to play that game. 

IMO, Witcher 3 was a Card Game with an RPG attached onto it. Gwent is the bees knees