Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

53 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Something I've always wondered and my rewatch made me think about it again: Pertaining to Arya's list, whatever happened to her reading off Ilyn Payne's name? She doesn't say it anymore if I'm not mistaken.

His character was just written off because the actor got cancer, but I believe he is good now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Nothing I posted was from leaked info. It was a misunderstanding. I don't even know if there are leaks but I'm not trying to find out.

Marvelous, the internet is a dangerous place and who knows what’s in those links 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Welp, guess I'm avoiding this thread like the plague for the next 6-ish weeks.

Was a false alarm. No one will be posting spoilers. I posted an image that showed when people arrived on the show and when they left if they left. It's only up to season 7, everything we already know if you've seen the show. It was just misinterpreted at first. You're good.

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Was a false alarm. No one will be posting spoilers. I posted an image that showed when people arrived on the show and when they left if they left. It's only up to season 7, everything we already know if you've seen the show. It was just misinterpreted at first. You're good.

I think as soon as the episodes come out people should be able to discuss them.

• Like 2

I think I’m most interested in seeing how they handle the time spent on the war in the north vs the one waiting in the south. Really, the whole book series / show is a lead up to the fight against the Long Night (as evidenced by the prologue in the book / first scene in the show and the whole reason Rheagar did what he did re kidnapping Lyana for the Ice to his Fire, leading to Jon, prophecies, etc).  If they end that fight too quickly, or make it too easy, just to focus on winning the throne from Cersei, I’m going to be super disappointed.    

Realistically, the only way I can see them avoiding a war with Cersei is if the Walkers somehow found a way to slip past the defenses in the North and attack South to get more soldiers for their undead army, and circle back to face Jon/Daenerys with much more strength. I don’t think that will happen though. Which has me crossing my fingers they dedicate at least 4.5/5 episodes to the fight against the Walkers and just deal with Cersei quickly after that (just have Arya assassinate her tbh). 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I think as soon as the episodes come out people should be able to discuss them.

Agreed. I saw "spoilers" on a couple posts while skimming and immediately nope'd out.

As Acgott said, if you aren't up to date then it's your own fault for reading the thread. But posting things that haven't aired yet should be punishable by flogging.

4 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I think I’m most interested in seeing how they handle the time spent on the war in the north vs the one waiting in the south. Really, the whole book series / show is a lead up to the fight against the Long Night (as evidenced by the prologue in the book / first scene in the show and the whole reason Rheagar did what he did re kidnapping Lyana for the Ice to his Fire, leading to Jon, prophecies, etc).  If they end that fight too quickly, or make it too easy, just to focus on winning the throne from Cersei, I’m going to be super disappointed.    

Realistically, the only way I can see them avoiding a war with Cersei is if the Walkers somehow found a way to slip past the defenses in the North and attack South to get more soldiers for their undead army, and circle back to face Jon/Daenerys with much more strength. I don’t think that will happen though. Which has me crossing my fingers they dedicate at least 4.5/5 episodes to the fight against the Walkers and just deal with Cersei quickly after that (just have Arya assassinate her tbh). 

I'm unsure if final season speculation is spoiler-y, so I'm going to spoiler tag this anyway: 

No way it's anybody but Jaime in my opinion. 

I considered the idea that the show would take the inverse order of the books with regards to the final round of the war down south and the war up north, and the north would never re-enter that fray, instead focusing on the others, but all the hints and reading between the lines for the northern conspiracies suggest that may not be the case. Hard to say though. In the show, I think it's sort of a weird thing to go north first to come back south - the battle with Cersei would almost be anti-climatic. 

22 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm unsure if final season speculation is spoiler-y, so I'm going to spoiler tag this anyway: 

No way it's anybody but Jaime in my opinion. 

I considered the idea that the show would take the inverse order of the books with regards to the final round of the war down south and the war up north, and the north would never re-enter that fray, instead focusing on the others, but all the hints and reading between the lines for the northern conspiracies suggest that may not be the case. Hard to say though. In the show, I think it's sort of a weird thing to go north first to come back south - the battle with Cersei would almost be anti-climatic. 

Potential Spoilers

Yeah, I think Jamie's the valonqar too.

Not sure what you mean about the second part though.  Are you saying you think they'll deal with Cersei in the show before fighting the Walkers, or that they'll never deal with Cersei at all and just stay in the North?

21 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Potential Spoilers

Yeah, I think Jamie's the valonqar too.

Not sure what you mean about the second part though.  Are you saying you think they'll deal with Cersei in the show before fighting the Walkers, or that they'll never deal with Cersei at all and just stay in the North?

Speculative spoilers 

1 think that they will "deal" with Cersei either during the fight with the white walkers (maybe she comes north), after the fight (which again, I think is weird in regards to it's timing as it would almost seem anti climatic compared to the war with the whitewalkers), or it's done going to be done in a very under stated way,  which is to say that Jamie goes solo down south, kills Cersei, ends the "war" without a war between dany/jon & cersei ever really taking place outside of what we have already seen. 

Speculative spoilers 

4 episodes to deal with the WW and have Cersei lay her plans. And 2 episodes of Cersei dealing with R'hllors tools (Dany & Company). Where she has a beautiful baby girl as she dies during childbirth and the prophecy is fulfilled. Fills all 3 things, younger and more beautiful, younger brother did it because Jaime knocked her up and caused her death, And having 3 kids. Cause shes dead before the 4th comes.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why are people spoiler tagging speculation? The point of the thread is to talk and speculate...

Because if there is any actual spoilers behind it (hence why they said potential spoilers), that's more than just speculation.

If someone spoils this season for me, there's going to be hell to pay. Would hate to have to avoid this thread for the next two months but would have to if necessary.