Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Seems like Jon and Dany don't even realize they went beyond the wall and gifted the NK a nuclear weapon just to inherit something that might give them a moderate army of foot soldiers. But I guess a unified front is better than fighting white walkers and cersei at the same time? If cersei doesn't side with them though they'll look like the biggest idiots of all time. 

18 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Drogon was paying attention and could've potentially destroyed the spear with fire before it got to him but viseryon (sp?) was kinda doing his own thing in the sky. NK's goal all along was to get a dragon so I think he wanted one cleanly without having to deal with everyone else on the other one. But ultimately I think he just saw viseryon as the easiest (unsuspecting) target

Drogon was paying no more attention than the rest. He was looking ahead burning wights. Nobody was watching the NK properly when he launched. 

Viserion being a real threat could be plausible, but they did a bad job of expressing it. 

Edited by sunnygsm

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Seems like Jon and Dany don't even realize they went beyond the wall and gifted the NK a nuclear weapon just to inherit something that might give them a moderate army of foot soldiers. But I guess a unified front is better than fighting white walkers and cersei at the same time? If cersei doesn't side with them though they'll look like the biggest idiots of all time. 

Really showing off Martin's foresight right here. Started writing something 20 years ago that's oddly similar to current events. 

10 hours ago, drd23 said:

There was?  I didn't see it if true.  

That doesn't explain how they'd be able to tie it around Viserion's neck though

or lift them from the bottom of the lake. or even carry them on land. each of those links would have weighed 500 pounds or so, maybe more. if they can carry that kind of weight individually, they would be nearly invincible in battle as their sword and club strokes would carry so much force.

GoT's ending is starting to go the way of Lost. too much bending of regular physics. the writing is getting cheap.

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Man, sometimes we all just think too much.

I've seen this a lot and I disagree. What made the books and early seasons of the show so good is that everything was still grounded in the realm of possible. Sure there were dragons and magic and whatever but it all felt believable and even possible and actions had consequences and recently the show has just completely lost that. It doesn't even really feel like Game of Thrones anymore. Cersei blew up a Sept full of people and no one even batted an eye, all of those religious fanatics just went away? Jon and company go on the stupidest mission ever and get out of there with basically no major loses. The world the show has created has lost any semblance of reality and the remaining major characters all feel pretty bullet proof. I never had any sort of doubt that Jon was going to live or that Dany would get out of there fine, seasons one through four always gave me the feeling than any death was possible. 

I'm not trying to rag on the show too much and it's still pretty cool with it's ice dragons and frozen zombies but it's almost a completely different show from the one that I started watching. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

So I'm torn. A bunch of dope *** stuff happened in that episode but some of the liberties they took were just so ridiculous it's hard to look past. A raven couldn't have even reached Dragonstone in the time it took for it to arrive and then Dany to arrive on her dragon F-16s. They followed this up with Jon surviving frozen water long enough for the white walkers to move on and Ben Jen showing up three hours late to save Jon. I know these characters have some plot armor but this episode was the worst it's been by far. 

Jon's a half wight bro. I'm not sure he can just die 

Are there any fan theories out there that suggest the Mad King’s “burn them all” was related to Bran? It’s a question I’ve had since “hold the door” but I haven’t bothered to look for theories out of potentially finding a spoiler in the process.

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think Arya is testing Sansa and I'm less upset about the storyline than before. And I think Sansa sent Brienne to show Arya that she isn't scared of her bc she has nothing to hide. I think it's going to work out

Or Sansa sent Brienne away so that she can't stop Sansa from trying to style on Arya.

Probably not tho.

15 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Are there any fan theories out there that suggest the Mad King’s “burn them all” was related to Bran? It’s a question I’ve had since “hold the door” but I haven’t bothered to look for theories out of potentially finding a spoiler in the process.

I've read a couple theories that Bran is the one who drove the Mad King mad, and the burn them all is about the White Walkers.

This episode was a lot of fun but I felt like there were more people w/ Jon and Co than they initially said lol. It seemed like all these random mofos kept dying but there was only 12 of them to begin w/. Obviously when I rewatch it and pay more attention, I'll see the number is exact but that's just the initial feeling I got.

The dragons weren't the only ones spitting hot fire in this episode. Man..... Arya and Sansa was intense at the end, whew!! Great, great dialogue in this one. I'm so relieved Tormund didn't go down either. I was worried for a second.