Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jon is Aegon's younger brother. He isn't Aegon. Aegon is dead

Did the show ever say that Rhaegar and Elia's son was named Aegon?  I don't remember them giving the kids names, so I'd bet if they do reveal it next week then his name will be Aegon.  If the show did already say Aegon was their first son's name, then he'll have a different name.

2 hours ago, yankee0724 said:

I'm like 98% sure that's just a little bit of lens flare.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I'm like 2% sure it was meaningless symbolism in a teaser trailer. If winter comes to kings landing I don't think it'll be this season. 

Did yall rewatch the preseason trailers? Every other scene in the trailers have happened but that one, and the one with the Hound pulling a sword during the meeting at the ruins.

And its not lens flare, shes exhaling it out.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:
8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jon is Aegon's younger brother. He isn't Aegon. Aegon is dead

Reveal hidden contents

Did the show ever say that Rhaegar and Elia's son was named Aegon?  I don't remember them giving the kids names, so I'd bet if they do reveal it next week then his name will be Aegon.  If the show did already say Aegon was their first son's name, then he'll have a different name.

Yes they did. There is quite a bit about him in the books, not sure if it is still considered a spoiler since it isn't going to happen in the show.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Anyone else hoping Cersei dies and miscarries in the next episode? She just feels like a waste this season. Like she's there, but she's just in the way of progress.

Now that shes so overwhelmingly a underdog it seems. Im kinda pulling for her, and she gets rid of Luke Skywalker and Leia. I mean Jon and Dany next week. 

Or. Id even take what they did last season, a suicide blast of the ruins getting rid of everyone including herself and Jaime.

I want a true shocker/jawdropper of a ending with complete chaos. With that chaos being a ladder for others.

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Hide contents

This is one mention of the children by name but I think it might be the only one. I'm trying to remember another and couldn't think of any. Oberyn surprisingly never actually says Aegon or Rhaenys iirc, only says Elia and her children. 

https://youtu.be/3WQ7qreK9L0?t=787

I don't know why it's being talked about. Aegon is dead in the show.

Edited by skywindO2

28 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is one mention of the children by name but I think it might be the only one. I'm trying to remember another and couldn't think of any. Oberyn surprisingly never actually says Aegon or Rhaenys iirc, only says Elia and her children. 

https://youtu.be/3WQ7qreK9L0?t=787

I don't know why it's being talked about. Aegon is dead in the show.

My thought was if the show had never named Aegon as Rhaegar's son, then they might give Jon that name to have his Targaryen name be the most meaningful/impactful, and it doesn't get more impactful than Aegon.  However, since Aegon was named already I'd guess that Jon will be Rhaegar II...if he's ever even named.

Not really spoilers anymore.  Just speculation.  I'll keep the tags just in case so people don't get upset.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Hide contents

My thought was if the show had never named Aegon as Rhaegar's son, then they might give Jon that name to have his Targaryen name be the most meaningful/impactful, and it doesn't get more impactful than Aegon.  However, since Aegon was named already I'd guess that Jon will be Rhaegar II...if he's ever even named.

Not really spoilers anymore.  Just speculation.  I'll keep the tags just in case so people don't get upset.

Aegon's name was never spoken in the show. It's literally just Elia and her children. So Jon could be Aegon which would be a ridiculously good name for him or he could even be Jahaeris, another kingly name in the Targaryen line.

Edited by scar988

27 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Aegon's name was never spoken in the show. It's literally just Elia and her children. So Jon could be Aegon which would be a ridiculously good name for him or he could even be Jahaeris, another kingly name in the Targaryen line.

Rhaegar's children were named in the clip that skywindO2 posted earlier.

Edited by seminoles1

I too am really hoping for a truly GOT esque finale. We need to see some deaths, something unexpected, something that makes GOT GOT.

This season has been entertaining, but its not the same show as the first 4-5 seasons. Its more traditional, more characters with plot armor, more prone to the plot holes and blatant teleporting that bog down good TV. The production is still there, and its been good, but not early GOT good. The rush to conclude is a palpable feeling at this point.

Sansa taking credit for the win, when it was her fault they were out numbered to begin with. Her and cersei are the type of people who think having a Title somehow makes them invicable. They can just say what they want and no harm will ever be done to them, even tho they could never defend themselves.