Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

And can someone explain the significance of Jon being named Aegon? That was the mad king, correct? Is that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing?

The Mad King is Aerys. Aegon was the original Targ who conquered Westeros. Given Bran's line "Robert's rebellion was built on a lie", there are some pretty clear parallels there.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Mad King is Aerys. Aegon was the original Targ who conquered Westeros. Given Bran's line "Robert's rebellion was built on a lie", there are some pretty clear parallels there.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. That certainly is a pretty interesting parallel then.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When Jon/Aegon was born, all of the other non-Dany and Viserys Targs were already dead. Name wasn't taken any more.

Which kind of makes it weird to me lol. "sorry your other Aegon died, but here's a replacement"

Would have preferred Jaehaerys. 

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

And can someone explain the significance of Jon being named Aegon? That was the mad king, correct? Is that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing?

The Mad King's name was Aerys.

Aegon Targaryen conquered the 7 Kingdoms 300 years ago with his sisters and 3 dragons.  He started it all.

The white walkers are lethargic and stupid and like 8 guys killed about a thousand of them and only lost one. But he turns a dragon and it can destroy the whole wall in seconds.

Not a big complainer. But Theon whooping that dude was ridiculous 

soooooooooo pissed they killed Littlefinger

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Which kind of makes it weird to me lol. "sorry your other Aegon died, but here's a replacement"

Would have preferred Jaehaerys. 

Yea pretty much how I took it. But I think Rhaegar ran away with Lyanna and secretly married her because Elia was to weak to have anymore children or something like that so Lyanna named him Raegar as an honor to the ancestor and the lost child with Eia I'm thinking..?

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The only thing that pissed me off was using the actor who played viserys to play rheagar in the flashback.... That's just lazy! Sure they were brothers but they weren't twins ?

They've done that a couple of times. I know that the older actor who played Tommen also played a Lannister kid who was killed earlier. Not sure if it was the same though. 

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah, though somewhat odd... Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon with Elia Martell.

And even if Lyanna was aware of Rhaegar having been killed by Robert at the Trident (not even sure if Ned knew that yet when he arrived at the Tower of Joy), she wouldn't have known about the Mountain going Targ-genocidal with Elia and her kiddos.