Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I love the audiobooks, hoping to listen to them a third time before next season, and probably before TWOW if it ever comes out. I think they've been narrated by multiple people now but Roy Dotrice is the version I have. He plays the pyromancer in the show. His quality declined quite a bit in with ADWD, he'll probably be old to do the next book. 

Did you get them through audible?

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Robert would've made the Rock look like Wes Welker in terms of stature

I don't know why you're thinking that, but height-wise they are about equal in height (Robert described as six and a half feet tall). I have a hard time believing that Robert would have been much more built if at all than the Rock.

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

I don't know why you're thinking that, but height-wise they are about equal in height (Robert described as six and a half feet tall). I have a hard time believing that Robert would have been much more built if at all than the Rock.

I legitimately thought the Rock was like 6'0" and had to google after reading your response. Robert would still be a bit taller and quite a bit larger.

51 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Still plenty of ways to cause her to lose even more control.

• Problems with the Pregnancy (if there is a pregnancy that is)
  • Euron betraying her and taking the Golden Company for himself.
  • Euron being killed by Theon and Theon taking the Golden Company North to fight the WW and AotD.
  • The Iron Bank switching sides after the Night King has been killed and not bankrolling Cersei anymore.

Plenty of ways to drive her even further down the "Mad Queen" route than she already is, let's not forget she friggin blew up the Sept just 7 episodes ago and wiped out several high born families. Whatsmore pretty much the entirety of Westeros (likely including Jamie) is going to be against her if they can defeat the Night King.

What Tywin said to her in S3 rings true: "I don't distrust you because you're a woman. I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are."

So because there are other ways to drive her more crazy means that killing Jaime couldn't be used? I get that people want Jaime to have a full redemption, but I think him turning his back on her finally would be plenty redemption (not everyone needs a full redemption).

Just now, cddolphin said:

I legitimately thought the Rock was like 6'0" and had to google after reading your response. Robert would still be a bit taller and quite a bit larger.

He would be about 1 inch taller than the Rock if we are assuming that Ned was totally accurate. Why are you thinking that he'd be quite a bit larger? He was definitely more lean during the rebellion. They mention many times that he put on weight since.

Anyone else think a marriage of Lyanna Mormont to Sweetrobin Arryn would be the best for both of them? Sweetrobin doesn't have to actually rule. And Lyanna gets power and holds the Vale for the Northerners. (Age isn't a question here either as She's 12 and he's 15)

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Anyone else think a marriage of Lyanna Mormont to Sweetrobin Arryn would be the best for both of them? Sweetrobin doesn't have to actually rule. And Lyanna gets power and holds the Vale for the Northerners. (Age isn't a question here either as She's 12 and he's 15)

Lyanna Mormont would have YOU, SIR.. beheaded for even suggesting this. That girl don't play around, and would have nothing to do with that silly snot brat. :P

31 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think it is more likely that a northern House gets wiped out in the war and the land they held gets merged with Bear Island with Mormonts (in this case Lyanna obviously) as the Lords/Ladys. And it will be a fairly significant holding so that she is essentially the 2nd or 3rd most powerful ruler in the North. Maybe the Dreadfort with the Bolton's gone, but I'm not sure that connects well with Bear Island.