Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

On 3/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, skywindO2 said:

Finished season 5 on my rewatch, glad to be done with it because I think it's easily my least favorite one. 

It just doesnt hold up for rewatching. First viewing its full of impacting scenes. Cersei builds and is taken by sparrows, Davos/Stanis/Shireen thing, Hardholm, Jon dying. First watch was hard hitting. But is all crap for rewatching and knowing. I have the same problem with Breaking Bad. I can never watch an episode again and enjoy it. But was magic first viewing.

40 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It just doesnt hold up for rewatching. First viewing its full of impacting scenes. Cersei builds and is taken by sparrows, Davos/Stanis/Shireen thing, Hardholm, Jon dying. First watch was hard hitting. But is all crap for rewatching and knowing. I have the same problem with Breaking Bad. I can never watch an episode again and enjoy it. But was magic first viewing.

I’m re-watching as well and coincidentally watched Hardhome yesterday. You’re right in that it isn’t the same on second viewing. But I do enjoy the little things that I missed the first viewing because I didn’t know who characters were and didn’t really understand what was going on big picture. 

As much as I love this show I think it’s safe to say there won’t be a third viewing. 

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

But I do enjoy the little things that I missed the first viewing because I didn’t know who characters were and didn’t really understand what was going on big picture. 

I just did a second viewing also and this is one thing that really stood out to me. There was so much I missed. So, so much. I think this is the season before Alt Shift X started making his videos and he is a huge help

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Comedys are usually the only series I'll watch more than twice, most dramas or action I'll watch just once no matter how good it is. But I'll never get tired of GOT.

Same goes for me. I know every Mash episode word for word basically (Mash was the biggest thing ever across South America growing up). And can still watch and enjoy if its on. Breaking Bad I thought was legendary, maybe the greatest of all time. And I tried a rewatch and cant. But GOT I could watch the first few seasons over a few times without tiring.

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Same goes for me. I know every Mash episode word for word basically (Mash was the biggest thing ever across South America growing up). And can still watch and enjoy if its on. Breaking Bad I thought was legendary, maybe the greatest of all time. And I tried a rewatch and cant. But GOT I could watch the first few seasons over a few times without tiring.

It's been 5 years since I've seen BB and I might still wait a few years before i give it a second viewing. 

Just finished season two and all I can say is meh. I find the show enjoyable and entertaining, but it ins't in the same stratosphere as shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, and especially The Soprano's. The acting is meh and although the production value is high, the dialogue leaves a lot to be desired and the gore is cheesy at best. It just doesn't make me fall in love with the characters the way that the other shows do. It's a great way to kill an hour or two, and I plan on finishing, but I really don't get the hype.

I