Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

54 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

With everyone. Abandoning the Nights Watch means you're sentenced to die (that's how we're introduced to the "heroes" of the story). It just seems crazy that the show would avoid it and everyone would be okay with it and not investigate or question why he's not at Castle Black anymore.

I think they already did. He was going to desert the Night's Watch and he was stabbed to death. Therefore his Watch officially ended when he died. So he is no longer bound by that oath anymore. It's a well known fact amongst the Night's Watch that he died, yet none are calling him a deserter for that very reason.

Edited by Calvert28

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think they already did. He was going to desert the Night's Watch and he was stabbed to death. Therefore his Watch officially ended when he died. So he is no longer bound by that oath anymore. It's a well known fact amongst the Night's Watch that he died.

Right, but do the northern houses actually know that is I think what he is getting at. It's weird for them to just know that he was in the night's watch and then that he wasn't and nobody in the north questions it. 

Just now, Forge said:

Right, but do the northern houses actually know that is I think what he is getting at. It's weird for them to just know that he was in the night's watch and then that he wasn't and nobody in the north questions it. 

I wonder if they even knew he was part of the Night's Watch. Jon wasn't even really known until he became the Lord Commander, and when he finally became Lord Commander there wasn't exactly a lot of time that passed between the election and Jon deciding to go north of the wall to help the Wilkdlings. It's possible they thought Lord Commander Mormont was still there. In the books, they sent Ravens out declaring him the new Lord Commander. I don't rremember that happening in the show.

29 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yara rescued in a 30 second span. That story is done with. lol

The GoT spinoff show coming actually only covers Theon’s crazy expedition to rescue her, it’s a wild tale 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Eastern and Central typically air at the same time (so 9 EST, 8 CST). I think Mountain and Pacific get it at their regularly schedule time (9 pm per respective time zone) 

Depends on your cable provider.  Anyone with satellite or FiOs (which is a lot of folks these days), get HBO channels on East and West coast times.

• Like 1