Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, El ramster said:

I agree. But we’ll be called bozos by everyone on twitter and here tbh 

I enjoyed how they ratcheted up the intensity and the effects. But yeah, the tossed in Generic Hollywood Superhero moments were downers. So I dont mean to sound like I didnt enjoy it overall. I did. Just some moments were ridiculous.

Just now, fraziafraze07 said:

I kind of wish that the battle with the Night King and his army had been the culmination of the series.  Clearly, that threat to mankind is so much larger than some petty squabble of the Seven Kingdoms.  I know the show is "Game of Thrones," but I feel like now the fight for the throne is just sort of blah, because the real threat has been taken care of.  Cersei possibly ruling with an Iron Fist vs. the Night King ending humanity....I know what I'd take if I were Westerosi. 

This is my big thing as well. I think coming down from this is anti climatic. I thought they were going to lose, retreat to the islands, and then you would get a great final battle with everyone involved (north / south v dead) and everyone just have it out then. I think that is the way I would have wanted to end it. I mentioned that last week after episode 2 just because I thought it was weird to conclude this one first 

The cinematography this episode was top notch. The single camera view of Jon walking through Winterfell has to be one of the best of the series.
The score over the last twenty of so minutes was also incredible. I loved that in place of any dialogue. Wow wow wow.

• Like 2

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

I enjoyed how they ratcheted up the intensity and the effects. But yeah, the tossed in Generic Hollywood Superhero moments were downers. So I dont mean to sound like I didnt enjoy it overall. I did. Just some moments were ridiculous.

Truthfully, they gave Beric a more baller death than such a minor character deserved lol

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

The cinematography this episode was top notch. The single camera view of Jon walking through Winterfell has to be one of the best of the series.
The score over the last twenty of so minutes was also incredible. I loved that in place of any dialogue. Wow wow wow.

Mentioned that shot earlier as well. Really stood out during that episode. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Also, how useless was Ghost? Like why have him out there fighting? Why not leave him with bran? Things like that just make me go! Wtf bro you..

Should have just kept him out tbh. 

I'm hoping they didn't just kill Ghost off screen. He never returned with Jorah after he and the Dothraki ran out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loved it! People have a problem with the darkness? Oh my goodness people...it was a nighttime battle. I could tell what was going on.

With my setting I couldnt see anything at the start but Sams face. Had to cycle through my tv pic settings so I could see any more.

Just now, candyman93 said:

The Dothraki getting smoked as quick as they did was incredible. Made my heart race honestly. That and the scene where the night king brought everybody back.

That was a pretty cool/crazy scene with the flaming swords slowly being distinguished.  

They did a good job with the anticipation/dread and then the confusion/adrenaline/despair during the battle I thought 

• Like 1