Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yes, I've known that since reading the books in '08.  But the fact that he was killed so quickly/easily instead of drawing the fighting out over multiple episodes cheapens the overall story.  Cersei should not be the final villain.  

The audience is likely more invested in Cersei. I anticipated a resolution to the Night King story tonight. With only 3 episodes left - they needed to move on to King's Landing.
As was mentioned before - they showed very clearly that the NK was stacked. The Winterfellians were clearly on the edge of extinction. I didn't have an issue with how the NK died.

6 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

A daytime battle wouldn't nearly have been as good of a television spectacle. 
It wouldn't have seemed as desire or desperate. The fire wouldn't have popped as much, etc. 
A daytime battle would have been terrible. I liked the darkness.

What? The loot train scene was a top 3/5 scene of all time. In broad day light. 

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

I thought for a moment Sam was gonna die, that’s my one complaint with this episode; no major players were killed

Honestly, I feel like that's because people expected them to do.  That's never been the SOP of this show, they kill the people you care about and are really invested in when you aren't expecting it for maximum drama and shock value.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Imagine watching one of, if not the, GOAT episodes of television and then going online to complain about stupid stuff.

Imagine.

Sadly, I imagine that's the appeal for some people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

What? The loot train scene was a top 3/5 scene of all time. In broad day light. 

Cool. This battle, here in Winterfell, was great as it was. I (notice the I, as in my opinion) don't believe it would have the same feel during the day.
It's like going for a bike ride or a walk at noon or 2 am. It feels different.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Honestly, I feel like that's because people expected them to do.  That's never been the SOP of this show, they kill the people you care about and are really invested in when you aren't expecting it for maximum drama and shock value.

Oh I agree, but I think the plot armor of all the major players is literally the only weakness of that episode.  Maybe the NKs slow strut into the godswood

9 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

A daytime battle wouldn't nearly have been as good of a television spectacle. 
It wouldn't have seemed as desire or desperate. The fire wouldn't have popped as much, etc. 
A daytime battle would have been terrible. I liked the darkness.

I don't know. Would've been pretty cool to have the Night King's army seeming to lose ground during the day and then he pulls the resurrection right as night is about to fall symbolizing that our heroes are screwed.

• Like 1

Just now, Nazgul said:

Cool. This battle, here in Winterfell, was great as it was. I (notice the I, as in my opinion) don't believe it would have the same feel during the day.
It's like going for a bike ride or a walk at noon or 2 am. It feels different.

Depends what part of the City. In Malibu? It’ll be a workout/evening cruise..

In dtla or south central? It’ll be a escape from LA 2.0.