Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch?

You know what I did when I started hating The Walking Dead?

I quit watching. Shocking I know, but believe it or, it works. You should try it.

Large difference between discussing the show and hating it. 

Minimally it's the most interesting show on right now considering the lackluster state of network television at the moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Large difference between discussing the show and hating it. 

Minimally it's the most interesting show on right now considering the lackluster state of network television at the moment.

Well have fun with that, or not.

53 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:
55 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Maybe the incest is finally kicking in.

Isn't her storyline becoming the mad queen?

That's Cersei

no, I'm talking about the targaryens. the reason they go mad (imo, I don't if that is the writers intent) is because they are incest babies. I thought they were gonna do that to daeny (make her go mad like her father).

50 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

She's a tragic hero, not a Mad Queen.

makes sense

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

All i got from this post is that you bathe with your clothes on.

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

• Like 1

People take the info in those recaps far too literally. 

Been going on for a long time too. In early seasons, they would speak to decisions and people got mad they were taking credit for things GRRM wrote. 

27 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Seriously. Watch it. Its heartbreaking. The last two weeks worth of those just seems like they just dont even care or think they have to justify what they're writing. 

D&D are so fortunate they had material to go off of for a majority of this series. Pretty clear they just aren't good storytellers when they have to come up with things on their own. They constantly have to explain things in those episode recaps because of how poorly they wrote it lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

D&D are so fortunate they had material to go off of for a majority of this series. Pretty clear they just aren't good storytellers when they have to come up with things on their own. They constantly have to explain things in those episode recaps because of how poorly they wrote it lol

This

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This

In hindsight, wish this show didn't happen until after the books were done so we could get a more proper finish. Still enjoyable moments and some enjoyable eps these last 2 seasons,  but it's a big step down from the standard it had set from S1-4 IMO

Really wish they found a way to make S6 be about the NK/white walkers and have it end with that battle, and then this last season would focus all on this upcoming one. Having both in this last season of only 6 eps just feels insanely rushed and sloppy

• Like 4

The pacing and the lack of material is really compromising the show. More so because it's so transparent in a single episode. Even the good moments never get time to be appreciated. Brienne and Jaime was nice but a lot for one episode. Same for Dany's breakdown. 

Major plot points were pretty predictable. Rhaegal dying was stupid because of how stupid it was. Sad that we didn't get anything from Bran yet again. 

48 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

In hindsight, wish this show didn't happen until after the books were done so we could get a more proper finish. Still enjoyable moments and some enjoyable eps these last 2 seasons,  but it's a big step down from the standard it had set from S1-4 IMO

Really wish they found a way to make S6 be about the NK/white walkers and have it end with that battle, and then this last season would focus all on this upcoming one. Having both in this last season of only 6 eps just feels insanely rushed and sloppy

Agreed. Tbh though, the last two books haven’t lived up to books 1-3 either...

He just set the bar way too high with those early books and it’s clear (at least to me) we won’t be seeing that level of quality again, whether it’s from the show or the remaining books.