Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Her crying was so tremendous though. She knew all along "when you play the Game of Thrones you either win or you die", giving that patented Lena Headley smirk when she wipes out tons of people, and then when everything's gone she can't take it.

So damn satisfying.

I would've loved to see her beg for her life and then be burned alive, though.

Just now, Leader said:

There's no evidence Jaime had anything to do with ringing the bells. The city people were calling for it as a way to save themselves. It's left to the audience's imagination that some one of them was doing it.

Wasn't that the primary purpose of Jaime sneaking into the city? To try to save all the people and Cersei? I thought it was fairly obviously portrayed that Jaime rang the bells as a way to end the siege.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

All along she was a coward. While it being public would have been great, we know without a shadow of a doubt she was faking it the entire time.

So. Damn. Satisfying.

yeah the two times she's completely exposed (in the sept, and here) she breaks down and shows how much of a fraud she is by herself. Overall just 10/10 acting from Lena Heady tho

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wasn't that the primary purpose of Jaime sneaking into the city? To try to save all the people and Cersei? I thought it was fairly obviously portrayed that Jaime rang the bells as a way to end the siege.

Not sure how that conclusion could be reached. There wasnt a single scene with Jaime inside a church or near a bell. As portrayed both visually and in writing, Jaime went in there to get Cersei out.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yeah the two times she's completely exposed (in the sept, and here) she breaks down and shows how much of a fraud she is by herself. Overall just 10/10 acting from Lena Heady tho

Get back to me when she can do it on broadway tbqh. Prolly more like 3/10 from Lena and 7/10 from the directors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I don’t know if i agree that it was lazy writing. Everyone knew this would be the most significant move in Westeros in a long time and Varys went all in on the person he trusted to be the best leader in his lifetime. I think he understood the consequences and went with it because it’s what he believed and needed Jon to hear what he was saying. It was him finally not hiding in the shadows. 

I think the reason it felt rushed was that there was relatively no buildup to it. During the earlier seasons the plot would have been fleshed out more and there would have only been hints that Varys was behind it at all until a climax made it clear. Seems they just ran out of time. And Varys was a great character/player of the game, in an ideal world he gets a more dramatic/surprising ending.

Edited by amac

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure how that conclusion could be reached. There wasnt a single scene with Jaime inside a church or near a bell. As portrayed both visually and in writing, Jaime went in there to get Cersei out.

Jaime never made it to the Inner Keep before the Bells started tolling.   The original objective was for him to convince Cersei to ring the bells - he never got there in time.

One thng standing out to me right now about the "questionable Mad Queen" aspect (guilty myself just then)..

Her closest friend and adviser. Captured. Translates "burn them" (am I wrong about that?)... and then needlessly beheaded...

I'm starting to appreciate where Dany is at.. after all the journey and many sudden betrayals. (perceived or otherwise) 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Jaime never made it to the Inner Keep before the Bells started tolling.   The original objective was for him to convince Cersei to ring the bells - he never got there in time.

That could be....but it could also be that Jaime never had any intention to ring any bells - directly or indirectly - and he's just bought in to Tyrion's thinking cause Tyrion held the key to his freedom............he himself said Cersei would never give up.

In other words - he lied to get free and go save Cersei.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

One thng standing out to me right now about the "questionable Mad Queen" aspect (guilty myself just then)..

Her closest friend and adviser. Captured. Translates "burn them" (am I wrong about that?)... and then needlessly beheaded...

I'm starting to appreciate where Dany is at.. after all the journey and many sudden betrayals. (perceived or otherwise) 

Dany lost the only 2 people who checked her worst impulses - MySunday and Mr. Friendzone. Once they were gone, she's a Targaryen alone in the world, and we all know how that turns out.

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I wonder how Ellaria sand fared down deep in the dungeons 

Well on the bright side she doesn't have to look at her decaying daughter anymore.

27 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

That's kind of the point. A lot of people are upset at how Dany turns out but they are ignoring the things that have been building up for years. She was awful at leading Mereen, the masses who love her are not free, they are slaves. This is so important. The dothraki are the exception there, but you can argue it is because they fear her (survive the fire) or view her as some sort of superhuman (mother of dragons). They follow strength ie fear. 

On top of that, since she got to Westeros she has had no followers except those who do it to oppose Cersei, not because they want to follow Dany. Jon is the only one, and that is because of personal love. She finally realizes this, as she is the one attacking KL, and knows that the people are foreign to her. She is going mad for different reasons than the Mad King - personal losses, everyone close to her has died or is Jon, Tyrion has been a bad Hand, and no one is backing her in Westeros. The only people who might will follow Jon instead. It makes perfect sense, but people don't want to believe it because they all thought Dany to be more than what she was

Did people notice she didn't introduce herself as the rightful heir of westeros when she killed Varys? She always used to. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 3