Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

If you gave it more thought you might consider my opinion. Chill with the condescension.

Jaime and Cersei have equal parts love and hate for each other. I wanted to see that play out instead of the two collapsing into a quivering heap and fading to black. I wanted to see something like Arya killing Cersei at her absolute most vulnerable point while wearing Jaime's face, and Jaime to die over her corpse.

But how does that have anything to do with you saying Jamie was supposed to kill Cersei?

You've yet to answer that. Nothing in the show ever suggested that Jamie would kill Cersei or ever even considered it.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

In other words - he lied to get free and go save Cersei.

Nah. Jamie gave Tyrion his word. He was intent to get in. Ring bells. Then deal with twin sis. 

Problem for him was, he didn't get in.. in time. 

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

But how does that have anything to do with you saying Jamie was supposed to kill Cersei?

You've yet to answer that. Nothing in the show ever suggested that Jamie would kill Cersei or ever even considered it.

I think a lot of people speculated or argued that the way he leaves Brienne would be interpreted as him going to kill Cersei - especially after learning what she had just done.

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Nah. Jamie gave Tyrion his word. He was intent to get in. Ring bells. Then deal with twin sis. 

Problem for him was, he didn't get in.. in time. 

Could be. It's an interpretive point....but I'm not buying in to the "good Jaime" at the end of his cycle. 
His lying to get free and getting back to Cersei seems far more consistent from a motivational perspective.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That's kind of the point. A lot of people are upset at how Dany turns out but they are ignoring the things that have been building up for years. She was awful at leading Mereen, the masses who love her are not free, they are slaves. This is so important. The dothraki are the exception there, but you can argue it is because they fear her (survive the fire) or view her as some sort of superhuman. They follow strength ie fear. 

On top of that, since she got to Westeros she has had no followers except those who do it to oppose Cersei, not because they want to follow Dany. Jon is the only one, and that is because of personal love. She finally realizes this, as she is the one attacking KL, and knows that the people are foreign to her. She is going mad for different reasons than the Mad King - personal losses, everyone close to her has died or is Jon, Tyrion has been a bad Hand, and no one is backing her in Westeros. The only people who might will follow Jon instead. It makes perfect sense, but people don't want to believe it because they all thought Dany to be more than what she was

Did people notice she didn't introduce herself as the rightful heir of westeros when she killed Varys? She always used to. 

She doesn't have to say that she's the rightful heir anymore. She's taken it by force.

3 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Overall, I'm still a big fan of everything but this one does bother me.  You build up several "intelligent" character lines like Tyrion.  And now Tyrion can't do anything right...

Question - is Tyrion going to be in Dany's gun sights in the last episode - for "failing her" again - and releasing Jaime?
Will that be part of the story line?

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

She doesn't have to say that she's the rightful heir anymore. She's taken it by force.

Not at the time she kills Varys. 

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So apparently Jaime's right hand grew back during his final moments with Cersei. Crazy how powerful love can be.

That picture wasn't in the actual scene. 

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Overall, I'm still a big fan of everything but this one does bother me.  You build up several "intelligent" character lines like Tyrion.  And now Tyrion can't do anything right...

Yeah Tyrion's downfall is really just horrendous.

Not to mention he finally got something right, only to have Dany destroy the entire plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question - is Tyrion going to be in Dany's gun sights in the last episode - for "failing her" again - and releasing Jaime?
Will that be part of the story line?

They have it set up that way, but seems too predictable.  I still think the end result will be a Tyrion-Sansa alliance ruling after all the carnage is done next week.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Tyrion's real issue is that he's knowingly trusting his family. Every mistake he made comes from trusting family or friends to do the right thing. When his family and friends are for the most part, dishonorable. 

Question - was the horse Arya rode off on at the end - the same horse seemingly killed at the beginning?
If so - did the Lord of Light bring the horse back in order to get Arya to safety (?) - perhaps to carry out her prophesy and take out Dany (green eyes).

Regardless - I thought the horse a terrific mystical effect.