Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

For all Dany's talk about breaking the wheel, completely destroying the city that her ancestors built as their seat of power over the 7 kingdoms is pretty much breaking it as far as it can go. So to that end, she's achieved her goal.

And seeing as she wants to rule by fear now, what will she replace that wheel with.  Likely something much worse... if she actually got the chance.

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

For the last ~7 seasons they've shown how fiercely loyal the dragons are to Dany, so if Drogon just buggers off when Dany dies, that would be a huge bummer. 

With the writing we have seen so far though..... I could see it. Yeesh.

Well, maybe he'll do something, but what is he going to do?  Burn down the nearest building?  If Dany is killed, it'll be while she's inside a building somewhere, where Drogon can't see.  I don't know if they have a psychic connection the way the Starks and their direwolves do, but it's not like he'll seek revenge.  He's an animal.  He might get mad, but Drogon without Dany is probably less dangerous than Drogon with Dany.

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

And seeing as she wants to rule by fear now, what will she replace that wheel with.  Likely something much worse... if she actually got the chance.

Hence why I think we won't get a replacement IMO. The Iron Throne will cease to exist. Each kingdom will be ruled by their respective leaders.

Right from the start of the episode man, right when they cut to the where Daenarys is just standing there, after Missandei's head was severed, she's just standing there fumin', a bunch of voices going through her head, memories of what people have said to her in the past... 

It was clear from that point she had gone over the deep end.

Edited by Hail Mary
  • Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Hence why I think we won't get a replacement IMO. The Iron Throne will cease to exist. Each kingdom will be ruled by their respective leaders.

That wouldn't end well, IMO.  For all the Targaryean's faults, they actually brought an era of stability to a land that was constantly warring with itself before their rule.  Having no monarch opens Westeros up to perpetual war, with very few periods of peace.  

I could see D&D doing it though and just washing their hands of the inevitable repercussions.

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

That wouldn't end well, IMO.  For all the Targaryean's faults, they actually brought an era of stability to a land that was constantly warring with itself before their rule.  Having no monarch opens Westeros up to perpetual war, with very few periods of peace.  

I could see D&D doing it though and just washing their hands of the inevitable repercussions.

Would align with GRRM's "bittersweet" ending. Humanity came together to defeat a force of death and darkness, only to revert to petty squabbling afterwards.

Dragons dont have a mother-child like attachment to humans. Dany vanished before for a long period. They just kept feeding them, Tyrion took the chains off them. They were fine, they didnt care so long as fed.

Id just set up 20 scorpions in a half circle around a few sheep. Feeding time is time to put down Old Yeller.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Shouldn't there have been way more Golden company fighters than what they showed? Hell the dothraki and unsullied outnumbered them and they got slaughtered by the undead.

They are hiding in the same place as all the "half left" armies from the Battle of Winterfell. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Shouldn't there have been way more Golden company fighters than what they showed? Hell the dothraki and unsullied outnumbered them and they got slaughtered by the undead.

Although now that I think about it, why the hell would they form up outside the walls in the first place? All you are doing is making it easy for Dothraki. Force the horsemen to scale the walls to breach the city, don't engage them in open field.

But of course, cinematically doesn't look as cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Although now that I think about it, why the hell would they form up outside the walls in the first place? All you are doing is making it easy for Dothraki. Force the horsemen to scale the walls to breach the city, don't engage them in open field. But of course, cinematically doesn't look as cool.

You lose the strength of your numbers if you cram them all inside the fortress and you've literally surrendered all ground right up to the gate.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Although now that I think about it, why the hell would they form up outside the walls in the first place? All you are doing is making it easy for Dothraki. Force the horsemen to scale the walls to breach the city, don't engage them in open field.

Could be to bust up a siege before it gets sunk in. Which would make sense with the amount of archers they had lining the walls. Kinda like in Troy.

Only here not a single archer fired 1 shot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Both NK and Golden Company were hyped up only to both being really disappointing. 

• Like 1