Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You lose the strength of your numbers if you cram them all inside the fortress and you've literally surrendered all ground right up to the gate.

Did they really have such an advantage in numbers though?

I'm thinking Helms Deep for defense. Archers and scorpions raining down on the advancing army, any breach results in the Golden Company plugging it up. Wasn't that the whole point of shutting the gates throughout the city?

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jon just get sick of it all and go North to live out the rest of his days with the Wildlings and Ghost.

He’s not gonna just let her torch Winterfell without a fight.  I can see him doing that afterward tho. 

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Although now that I think about it, why the hell would they form up outside the walls in the first place? All you are doing is making it easy for Dothraki. Force the horsemen to scale the walls to breach the city, don't engage them in open field.

But of course, cinematically doesn't look as cool.

Typically, there would be an infantry that lines up outside the walls.  This allows the archers to decimate the slowed opposing forces and it doesn't let opposing forces reach the walls nearly as quickly.  That infantry might suffer some heavy losses, but it's usually a net win for the side with the castle.  

• Like 1

Its easy to nitpick at any battle in anything filmed. And the thing that always gets me over anything else is how baddies steel armor always gets sliced through as if a hot knife through butter. I could wear a suit of pancakes and have better protection.

Jorah even sat with a Dothraki explaining about the long sword vs arakh when fighting a person in armor. "The Arakh is useless against armor."... Yeah right. Dothraki burst into the city hitting every soldier in the chest and blood spraying like a waterhose from it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

You lose the strength of your numbers if you cram them all inside the fortress and you've literally surrendered all ground right up to the gate.

You lose the strength of your castle and walls if you fight outside the Castle.  

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Couldnt arya just use Danys face, while they figure out a way to kill drogon?

It’s a dragon which I’d imagine has a much more powerful sense of smell.  Drogon could smell the difference between Arya and Dany.  The face wouldn't confuse him. 

I wonder if Brann can warg into Drogon and essentially reprogram him to be Jon’s.  

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hence why I think we won't get a replacement IMO. The Iron Throne will cease to exist. Each kingdom will be ruled by their respective leaders.

Or the forgotten about Gentry, bastard son of the former king, steps up to take the throne and brings peace’s to the land. Or he rules the south and Sansa the north.

Just now, thrILL! said:

It’s a dragon which is imagine have a much more powerful sense of smell.  Drogon could smell the difference Arya and Dany.  The face wouldn't confuse him. I wonder if Brann can warg into Drogon and essentially reprogram him to be Jon’s.  

I think its a blood thing. The dragons "recognized" Jon as one to be trusted.

1 hour ago, Hail Mary said:

Right from the start of the episode man, right when they cut to the where Daenarys is just standing there, after Missandei's head was severed, she's just standing there fumin', a bunch of voices going through her head, memories of what people have said to her in the past... 

It was clear from that point she had gone over the deep end.

Yep. And Jon rejecting her love again was the final straw.  She was completely alone. 

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Typically, there would be an infantry that lines up outside the walls.  This allows the archers to decimate the slowed opposing forces and it doesn't let opposing forces reach the walls nearly as quickly.  That infantry might suffer some heavy losses, but it's usually a net win for the side with the castle.  

Where were the archers?  I realize their arrows couldn’t do anywhere near the damage that the scorpions could do but we should’ve seen dozens of arrows in Drogon’s hide.  At least from one of the groups on the wall before they were decimated.  

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Sure but that wouldn’t save Arya. 

Oh - I wasnt replying to the "Arya becomes Dany" idea. Could they write it that way? Sure, why not - but I dont think it necessary. Push came to shove, so long as Drogon doesnt see Jon take out Dany - I think - Jon could make the dragon his pet if he wanted to - but - knowing Jon, I doubt he'd want that given what its done.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Oh - I wasnt replying to the "Arya becomes Dany" idea. Could they write it that way? Sure, why not - but I dont think it necessary. Push came to shove, so long as Drogon doesnt see Jon take out Dany - I think - Jon could make the dragon his pet if he wanted to - but - knowing Jon, I doubt he'd want that given what its done.

Yeah I agree.  I don’t see any scenario where they would do that. I was just replying to the suggestion.  Drogon needs to be put down. Dragon burgers for everyone in Winterfell!