Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly. People who think this is a good character transformation are either A) Relying on the booka or B) Relying on their own predictions. It was extremely rushed and the hints throughout the years were poorly done, more of her just over reacting, than actually taking time to do a legit transformation. It’s just not believable according to what we have seen in the show. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Cleganebowl wasn’t as much as I hoped for but the Arya/Hound was the most touching scene of the episode, maybe of the entire series. 

The way it ended was epic, but I didn't think the fight scene was as good as it could have been, and them being on stairs made it a bit awkward. Hound vs Brienne was better

Edited by amac

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This was a good read, for sure. I was expecting someone to post “This is how Danny has been all along”. In the books perhaps that’s true. That’s not how her personality was portrayed in the show though what so ever which is why this ending feels forced and not really believable. In the books I’m sure it’ll turn out just fine, especially since Danny in the books personality is already a bit more cruel than show Danny. 

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I agree. Those who said this Mad Queen act is believable are not thinking about previous seasons. If she would have done this anywhere it would have been in Mereen.

She had friends and people who believed in her claim. She also had a sense of manifest destiny. 

She goes to Westeros, loses all of her friends, is hated in spite of her dragons saving them, is plotted against by her allies, and loses her claim to the throne by a guy who she thought loved her. If she allows Cersei to surrender, she’s screwed. Is that not the entire point of the show, “In the game of thrones, you win or you die.”

Her Life is considerably different than it was in Mereen. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This was a good read, for sure. I was expecting someone to post “This is how Danny has been all along”. In the books perhaps that’s true. That’s not how her personality was portrayed in the show though what so ever which is why this ending feels forced and not really believable. In the books I’m sure it’ll turn out just fine, especially since Danny in the books personality is already a bit more cruel than show Danny. 

But it is how she has been. Shes been pro mass murder the entire show. Everyone has had to talk her out of it.

• Like 3

D&D has been google bombed as “Bad Writers”. Basically if you google “bad writers” there photos and articles are the first to pop up. This is the result of multi-millions of people googling “game of thrones bad writers” along with eithers name and bad writer.

It’s especially a bloodbath on reddit and youtube anywhere you go. Jesus. I actually feel bad for the two. Although they should of handed off the final season to someone capable of writing it. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

D&D has been google bombed as “Bad Writers”. Basically if you google “bad writers” there photos and articles are the first to pop up. This is the result of multi-millions of people googling “game of thrones bad writers” along with eithers name and bad writer.

It’s especially a bloodbath on reddit and youtube anywhere you go. Jesus. I actually feel bad for the two. Although they should of handed off the final season to someone capable of writing it. 

It made BusinessInsider lol

https://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-creators-bad-writers-on-google-search-2019-5

45 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

She had friends and people who believed in her claim. She also had a sense of manifest destiny. 

She goes to Westeros, loses all of her friends, is hated in spite of her dragons saving them, is plotted against by her allies, and loses her claim to the throne by a guy who she thought loved her. If she allows Cersei to surrender, she’s screwed. Is that not the entire point of the show, “In the game of thrones, you win or you die.”

Her Life is considerably different than it was in Mereen. 

She got along fine without Jorah after she sent him away twice. She still had Missendai up until last episode. Still had Tyrion and Grey Worm. There were no other close friends. She went to Westeros on Tyrion's advice to "liberate" the 7 Kingdoms from Cersei. She gets there then it becomes all about her "rights" to the throne. So lets not pretend they didn't just try to get that one by us. There was no one whispering in her ear about her "rights" for like 3 to 4 seasons now and the only ones who really did that was Jorah and Barristan. Infact by the end of the Slaver Bay campaign she all but abandoned her "rights" and just wanted to help people.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

But it is how she has been. Shes been pro mass murder the entire show. Everyone has had to talk her out of it.

No she hasn't. Her decision to not follow Daario's advice to kill every master in the temple's is proof of that.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

No she hasn't. Her decision to not follow Daario's advice to kill every master in the temple's is proof of that.

Not to mention tons of other examples. She has never been portrayed as the next Mad Queen except some poor executed attempts of showing her over reacting. 

If she was subtlety the Mad Queen all along, they did a terrible job at executing it over the years. There is nothing to suggest her personality is some blood thirsty lunatic.