Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I'm curious about how GRRM plays out this scene or what we hear from Dany next episode. Will we get reasoning or a thought process? Or will they leave it ambiguous? Did she go mad or was she just fuelling her violent impulses?  

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Arya should walk into the Red Keep to Dany wearing Jorah's face, and Arya/Jorah says that the red god brought him back and (because Jon left) they bang. When they're finished, Arya pulls off Jorah's face and says "when you play the Game of Bones, you win, or you die" and then stabs Dany.

who says no

How do all of my great posts get paged smh

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Arya should walk into the Red Keep wearing Jorah's face, and Arya/Jorah says that the red god brought him back and (because Jon left) they bang. When they're finished, Arya pulls off Jorah's face and says "when you play the Game of Bones, you win, or you die" and then stabs Dany.

who says no

Thats fairly psychotic.....do we consider this post when reviewing your arc into madness? :)

Just now, sunnygsm said:

I'm curious about how GRRM plays out this scene or what we hear from Dany next episode. Will we get reasoning or a thought process? Or will they leave it ambiguous? Did she go mad or was she just fuelling her violent impulses?  

Honestly, I think the idea that she's "gone mad" is a little off to me. I don't think that is the case. There have certainly been Targs who were crazy, no doubt on that, but I think Dany is more in line with someone like Maegor (pre head injury) or something like that. I don't think she's crazy - I Do think that she's a tad violent (as a lot of Targ's have shown to be in the past), and she's embracing that. But I don't think that she's crazy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Blackwater is probably the most overlooked great episode of the show at this point, tbh. It's been so long and there has been so much spectacle in episodes since then that people tend to forget about it. 

Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome are all great. I honest even liked the battle of with the Lannister army. These last two have been really mediocre in comparison. 

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am not the 20%, I am the 80% which you even said yesterday. Did you not see all the threads on the matter after the episode aired? Of course you are not gonna argue with the 20% for an extremely long time. I’m just about done with this myself because you are a person who must always have the last word and we are never gonna convince each other. So what’s the point?

But yes you’re nuts of you think you’re the 20%. Laughable, really. Do you live in the real world or are you a hermit?

So, let's for a moment say this is true. 

The 20% are the people that like the show and buy in.

The 80% are the people that do little else but gripe about every ep. 

How "laughable" is it that the "majority 80%" are even still giving the show and thread their time of day? and to what end? 

Like I'd suggested before.. there are show watchers that enjoy shows, and there are griefers that just like to try and ruin things for others... and why? because they didn't get their way. 

THAT could very well answer your question of, "what's the point?" So now that this is answered, what exactly is... your point in this? 

Edited by oldman9er
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The episode has a 6.9 on 93,000 votes fwiw.

There has been an effort to "negative bomb" everything GoT this season. Its not surprising that it is much lower. Even people upset with the Dany situation could agree that it is not the worst episode ever. 

Thats the beauty of the internet though. Wouldnt shock me if half of those votes are bots. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I think the idea that she's "gone mad" is a little off to me. I don't think that is the case. There have certainly been Targs who were crazy, no doubt on that, but I think Dany is more in line with someone like Maegor (pre head injury) or something like that. I don't think she's crazy - I Do think that she's a tad violent (as a lot of Targ's have shown to be in the past), and she's embracing that. But I don't think that she's crazy. 

I dont either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

There has been an effort to "negative bomb" everything GoT this season. Its not surprising that it is much lower. Even people upset with the Dany situation could agree that it is not the worst episode ever. 

Thats the beauty of the internet though. Wouldnt shock me if half of those votes are bots. 

Although I agree with your general sentiment this series deserved better then what it got in its last couple of seasons. This should be a highlight year for GOT instead its been entirely mediocre. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Although I agree with your general sentiment this series deserved better then what it got in its last couple of seasons. This should be a highlight year for GOT instead its been entirely mediocre. 

No doubt it deserved better. I would disagree that its mediocre. But it fell from GOAT/Most amazing show ever - to just a good, entertaining show. Better than mediocre, but noticeably not what it once was.

For the record HBO wanted 2 more seasons. GRRM said it would take 4 more to fully vet what he wanted. The idea of 6 episodes sucks for everyone involved. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

So, let's for a moment say this is true. 

How "laughable" is it that the "majority 80%" are even still giving the show and thread their time of day? and to what end? 

Like I'd suggested before.. there are show watchers that enjoy shows, and there are griefers that just like to try and ruin things for others... and why? because they didn't get their way. 

THAT could very well answer your question of, "what's the point?" So now that this is answered, what exactly is... your point in this? 

I’m only talking about the extremely poor Danny arc execution, which is also a majority opinion not minority. I’m on record for liking Episode 5 as a whole and being one of the only ones to defend Episode 3. 

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This should be a highlight year for GOT instead its been entirely mediocre. 

I disagree with this thinking entirely. You're certainly entitled to think so and I'm not hassling you - but this is some SERIOUS TV and I'm not going to get hung up on the (perceived) nuances of character arc, film editing and alike.

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

The same can be said about your post. Everyone who watched this series has been invested in it since the beginning. Just because a lot of us feel that the last couple seasons are mediocre compared to the seasons before them doesn't mean we are all griefers anymore than it means your all a bunch of mindless fanboys for liking it. 

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome are all great. I honest even liked the battle of with the Lannister army. These last two have been really mediocre in comparison. 

When is Watchers on the Wall going to get the respect it deserves?