Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Why are the people who hated it still here bashing it? I'm not saying you don't have the right to (it's a message board), I'm genuinely asking why. It doesn't make any sense to me. 

You wanted to finish the series? Sure I can understand that, but it's now 3 days later and you're still here rehashing the same complaints. A few have even go as far as to admit to REWATCHING something that they hate. Time is the most precious commodity there is, why spend this much of it on something that frustrates you? When Dexter ended (and I hate connecting this finale to Dexter's in any way), I was super letdown and upset, but I couldn't imagine spending hours and hours continuing to talk about it and put myself in a continually bad mood for days. Move on to something you do enjoy. 

This isn't to start an argument, I genuinely want to know. From my perspective, it seems like a 'misery loves company' scenario where people feel the need to bring others down to their level if discontent, and that's why those of us who did enjoy it are getting defensive. 

• Like 4

People want to justify their hatred of something because they can't possibly allow people to enjoy things that they hate because they're jealous of another's ability to enjoy something they wanted to enjoy is my best guess.  Don't think it's a misery loves company thing.  They've got plenty of company. 

It's also very important for people to voice their frustrations when it's warranted.  The complaints for Game of Thrones are very warranted.  I enjoyed it well enough.  I was satisfied with the ending, but it was very poorly executed.  If the show ended the exact same way (Bran becoming King, Dany dying, Jon getting sent to the wall and saying eff you to the wall and moving further north, Arya killing the NK, and every single character death... The show does not get half... The show does not get one fourth the amount of complaints IF it had done a better job working up to those moments. 

Every single thing was rushed with ZERO of the political intrigue, careful plotting, meticulous character development of the first 4-5 seasons (or as long as Martin's source material provided the framework). 

Therefore, it is important for people to continue complaining.  This kind of half-assed wrap ups to major productions cannot happen again.  The second it was confirmed the show would surpass Martin's work, they should have taken a year, two years - even three years to meticulously plan how the show would end WITH Martin and work on providing the exact same level of intricate attention to detail that made the series what it was. 

A lot of complaints are horse****.  The complaint of it being rushed is very legitimate, and nobody would be complaining about the end result if the route to get there had been better. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

People want to justify their hatred of something because they can't possibly allow people to enjoy things that they hate because they're jealous of another's ability to enjoy something they wanted to enjoy is my best guess.  Don't think it's a misery loves company thing.  They've got plenty of company. 

It's also very important for people to voice their frustrations when it's warranted.  The complaints for Game of Thrones are very warranted.  I enjoyed it well enough.  I was satisfied with the ending, but it was very poorly executed.  If the show ended the exact same way (Bran becoming King, Dany dying, Jon getting sent to the wall and saying eff you to the wall and moving further north, Arya killing the NK, and every single character death... The show does not get half... The show does not get one fourth the amount of complaints IF it had done a better job working up to those moments. 

Every single thing was rushed with ZERO of the political intrigue, careful plotting, meticulous character development of the first 4-5 seasons (or as long as Martin's source material provided the framework). 

Therefore, it is important for people to continue complaining.  This kind of half-assed wrap ups to major productions cannot happen again.  The second it was confirmed the show would surpass Martin's work, they should have taken a year, two years - even three years to meticulously plan how the show would end WITH Martin and work on providing the exact same level of intricate attention to detail that made the series what it was. 

A lot of complaints are horse****.  The complaint of it being rushed is very legitimate, and nobody would be complaining about the end result if the route to get there had been better. 

Agreed especially when it’s come out that D&D turned down additional episodes from HBO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As someone that binge watched the show and didn't have an 8+ year attachment to it, I agree with a lot of what you said. I think even watching it in such a consolidated time period actually exposed just how far the show feel off in the middle of season 6. It is known (pun intended) that HBO would have LOVED to drag out another season, or, at least a full, 10 episode season to wrap it up, but D & D simply didn't want to, and that's the most frustrating thing to me. I understand that they are "artists" or whatever, but come on. Your show is a global phenomenon that has made you insanely famous and wealthy, and provided you the opportunity to land a job writing for perhaps the greatest franchise in history (Star Wars). I don't want to say they owed it to the fans, but to half-*** 2+ seasons of work is just total BS.

To say the last two seasons were rushed is an understatement, and I think all of the gaffes (the water bottle, the hand, the coffee cup) go a long way in proving out that so much attention to detail was missed, and this was a show that THRIVED on the attention to detail that the plot entailed. I mean making Bran king, when he said he didn't want to be lord of Winterfell, is just bad writing. The whole arc of the Three Eyed Raven was meaningless to the entire story. I could go on and on but what's the point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree with everything said here (especially the first part), except I'm not sure how effective disparaging your peers (friends, social media, message board) is in getting GRRM's attention. It just amazes me how long people choose to be miserable when they could just move on and do or discuss something that makes them happy. 

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Agreed especially when it’s come out that D&D turned down additional episodes from HBO

Yeah, there is no excuse for that. I'm pretty sure Thrones fans across the board can all agree with that. 

Just now, JonStark said:

I agree with everything said here (especially the first part), except I'm not sure how effective disparaging your peers (friends, social media, message board) is in getting GRRM's attention. It just amazes me how long people choose to be miserable when they could just move on and do or discuss something that makes them happy.

There is no point to it.  There's no excuse for someone trying to steal someone's enjoyment of something. 

• Like 2

Yeah, no point in languishing on a poor season/conclusion. We'll always have the first 6 seasons, and to a lesser extent 7. Those are easily in the top 5 of television all-time. Best to enjoy what we had for the past however many years than to dwell on the one truly disappointing season we got, imo. At least that's how I'm choosing to look at it.

With that said, re-watching clips from some of these past seasons, how anyone can say this season isn't inferior in quality or that it even comes close to the past seasons is hilarious to me. I mean just re-watch a run of the mill scene like Tyrion finding out about the red wedding and compare that dialogue and acting to ANYTHING we got in this season. No doubt the cinematography and the overall spectacle of the show was ramped up to 100 this season, and that's great but it's not what we've come to expect of the show and certainly not what made it so amazing to start.

• Like 2

So in the end. People either complain about the show. Or are complaining about the people that complain about the show.

And a simple question cant get answered like "When Jon was LC of the NW. Did he give The Gift to the Wildlings?". Because complaining about people complaining is far to important to whinge about.

Just now, Malfatron said:

Make Dorne a big focal point imo.

What?  Dorne was perfect after they ran out of the terrible GRRM Dorne writing.  Sticky sticky sai sai, knife poison kissy then surprise kill handicap and then disappear from plot completely. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What?  Dorne was perfect after they ran out of the terrible GRRM Dorne writing.  Sticky sticky sai sai, knife poison kissy then surprise kill handicap and then disappear from plot completely. 

You want the good Dorne. But you need the bad ppp..lotting.