Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Leader said:

You left our run like &&&& - which is what most of them tried to do.

I'm not talking during that battle. She lost the North, Vale, and Riverlands with that act. And with the Lannisters gone may very easily have lost Dorne if a fight commenced.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've no need to.
Again. You'll believe what you want to believe. Thats fine with me.

This isn't about any reasonable person "believing what they want to believe", it's about believing what the show told you during the first 5 seasons when storylines and character arcs mattered, vs. believing what the final season told you when literally none of that mattered.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This isn't about any reasonable person "believing what they want to believe", it's about believing what the show told you during the first 5 seasons when storylines and character arcs mattered, vs. believing what the final season told you when literally none of that mattered.

This has become a circular discussion. I;ve commented about this already and presuming you've read those comments, you choose to think or believe otherwise. Fine. Does that make you "unreasonable?" No. It's simply what you believe.

D&D:

- “So how do we make fans and westeros turn on Danny?”

- “We’ll have to make her burn the city.”

- “But fans and her allies might think anything goes during war? It’s not enough.” 

- “Ok we’ll have them surrender and then she burns down the city anyways”

- “Does that really make sense?”

- “No but it’s the only possible way we can make both fans and her followers turn on her in such a short period of time, since we do have to kill her in the finale”.

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

This has become a circular discussion. I;ve commented about this already and presuming you've read those comments, you choose to think or believe otherwise. Fine. Does that make you "unreasonable?" No. It's simply what you believe.

Yes I've read those comments and I'm telling you it's laughable at best to suggest Dany's actions in this season (her going mad) were adequately foreshadowed in the show before this season - especially the method in which she becomes mad, by committing genocide on a million innocent people.

You may view that as a subjective view, but it's really not.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes I've read those comments and I'm telling you it's laughable at best to suggest Dany's actions in this season (her going mad) were adequately foreshadowed in the show before this season - especially the method in which she becomes mad, by committing genocide on a million innocent people.

Fine. When I care, I'll get back to you LOL

It's amazing how hung up people are to "inflict" their perceptions on others about a work of fiction. It's an interesting dynamic. The urge is actually more interesting than their comments.

No offense - but I'm not concerned if you do or dont agree with me. Honestly, it really doesnt matter to me and I'm not trying to change your mind. It doesnt matter enough to me. 

I'll simply repeat that my comments are supported by the story line, dialog and visuals as presented. You dont think so? Fine with me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Please define "matters" vs. "not matters" when it comes to a fictional television show.

I've heard plenty of legitimate complaints that they rushed the ending, but I don't really understand the "I wasted time watching this show because none of it mattered in the end" complaints. Not that that's necessarily what you're trying to say, just what I've heard so much of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Night King tried to save us from a terrible ending, just like Thanos tried to save the universe from all natural resources being gone in a snap (no pun intended)

#AlwaysAReason

#nightkingdidnothingwrong?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You're not going to convince any reasonable person that the "evidence" that the show presented in the last season supports Dany's sudden desire to kill a million innocent people with her Dragon.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

No rational person will feel it makes sense. 

Both of your arguments have been rehashed over and over again, and now you're attacking others' rationale. This is exactly what I was talking about below. Why continue to spend this much time discussing something you hated? 

23 hours ago, JonStark said:

Why are the people who hated it still here bashing it? I'm not saying you don't have the right to (it's a message board), I'm genuinely asking why. It doesn't make any sense to me. 

You wanted to finish the series? Sure I can understand that, but it's now 3 days later and you're still here rehashing the same complaints. A few have even go as far as to admit to REWATCHING something that they hate. Time is the most precious commodity there is, why spend this much of it on something that frustrates you? When Dexter ended (and I hate connecting this finale to Dexter's in any way), I was super letdown and upset, but I couldn't imagine spending hours and hours continuing to talk about it and put myself in a continually bad mood for days. Move on to something you do enjoy. 

This isn't to start an argument, I genuinely want to know. From my perspective, it seems like a 'misery loves company' scenario where people feel the need to bring others down to their level if discontent, and that's why those of us who did enjoy it are getting defensive. 

• Like 3

97% of things people are complaining about make sense if you just take the effing second to accept that things happened off-screen. 

Derp a derp, they got from Winterfell to King's Landing in a day. 
-No they didn't.  The show just decided not to spend an entire episode showing a travel montage. 

Derp a derp, Dany went insane just like that.
-No she didn't.  The show had time restraints and could not show her gradual descent into madness.  They showed exactly how much they could with a 6 episode season.  Angered over her losses in the battle with the NK.  Angered and paranoid over Jon's heritage.  Angered to the brink over her second dragon dying.  Pushed over the edge by Missandei dying. 

They didn't have a got damn season to focus on her gradual descent into madness, but for people who can actually follow a plot, it has been there since the very first season when she decided to BURN HERSELF WITH HER DEAD HUSBAND OUT OF GRIEF. 

I swear some people need their hands held throughout any kind of narrative fiction because they can't understand context or how narrative fiction works. 

Literally the only complaint that's warranted over the final season is how little time they put into it as far as literal screentime.  The same is true for both the last two seasons. 

The show was fantastic, groundbreaking and iconic from season one to the end of season five. 

It had some bad points in season six, but flourished with the final two episodes. 

Then came season seven and season eight, where the creators purposefully neglected and discarded the idea of more episodes because... Why?  Who knows.  There were 7 episodes in 7, 6 episodes in 8.  If you bring those episode totals up to the season average of 10, that's 7 more episodes where these things that are being complained about are solved. 

It DOES make sense that Dany went insane, it doesn't make sense how quickly it happened, but if you can't handle that things happen off-screen, you probably shouldn't be watching narrative fiction anyway.

• Like 3

Some people would literally need a Blue's Clues style of narration from like Varys or something.  He'd have to Deadpool style break the fourth wall and be like:

Varys after the NK battle:  Okay, folks.  So here's the thing.  Dany feels like this should be a major sacrifice that should endear her to all of Westeros.  She lost a lot of people, but what's this?  Jon Snow is getting all the praise.  This is a point in her descent.  Keep counting now.  Do you not see her constant struggle for admiration and how it does not work?  This is literally driving her insane.  This is literally why Gendry is given what he is given.  Are you following folks?  Stay tuned. 

Varys after Dany is told of Jon's heritage: You understand don't you that this has literally just crushed her entire world?  She had been told since a child that the throne was stolen from her and she is the rightful heir.  This literally brings her entire world crashing down and she is literally going insane by confusion and derision and love and hate.  This is significant, audience.  This is really significant, and when she finally snaps under this and every other pressure, don't be like, "Derp, she just snapped just like that lol dumb stupid," because that would make you look silly and it would make you incapable of following along with a narrative and incapable of understanding that this show does not show every waking moment of characters and their development. 

Varys heading into final episode: We have 6 episodes.  Just remember that and the fact that literally for 7 seasons we have been showing Dany slowly get more and more vengeful and capable of atrocities as long as she thinks she is doing the right thing, and we're going to remind you of this more throughout the episode, hope you can keep up. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It is subjective. Stop trying to act like your opinion is the only correct one.

Especially with a character who was giddy over her husband trampling cities, a prophecy over her son being a destructive conqueror, as early as season 2 claiming she would burn the cities of her enemies, mindlessly crucifying slave owners who turned out to not all be bad, threatening to return Mereen and Slaver’s Bay to dirt and having to be talked back, killing heads of nobility who were already captured and no longer a threat, and having to be talked down just in the previous season of trampling King’s Landing. 

Its very valid for lots of people to see that as tyrannical behavior and believe that she was very dangerous if left to her own devices and could descent into authoritarian tyranny. In fact for years many did. So it’s just ridiculous to claim something a lot of people saw coming for years was not adequately set up. 

If there was nothing adequate there, a sizeable portion of the fanbase wouldn’t have thought it a possible outcome for years. 

Its weak AF to try to validate your opinion as the only correct one. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Both of your arguments have been rehashed over and over again, and now you're attacking others' rationale. This is exactly what I was talking about below. Why continue to spend this much time discussing something you hated? 

You notice how the people who disagree with Dany’s heel turn spend most of their time spinning their wheels to justify statements and actions in the show that seemingly support it and when all else fails the people who believe differently than them just aren’t capable of viewing it correctly like them? 

Because if you don’t agree with them, there is a flaw in your thinking. Says a lot 

• Like 4