Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Fair enough.

The people didn't come to King's Landing for protection, they already lived there.

And Dany literally already told Varys she'd burn him alive if he betrayed her, because he had a history of betraying people. That much was already clearly foreshadowed and explained.

The misconception is that everyone lived inside the walls. They were letting commoners into the walls for protection from the coming battle. They did not live inside the walls of the castle normally.

My point about Varys is that her advisers telling her something doesn't mean that she would trust what they have told her. She has not reason to trust anything her advisers are telling her at that point.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

We all have no problem with the ending, just how we got there. That scene did not feel genuine or real in any way, just like most scenes this season. It was not properly fleshed and didn’t make sense, at least not yet. Yea Danny will probably die in the books but it will he completely fleshed out and make sense. 

Dannys character basically made a 360 and it felt very forced because the writers knew they had to kill her in the finale according to George. 

Like I’ve said several times, you’ll have to do a lot better than some sentences and burning military leaders and slave owners. 

It was a rushed mess this season and did not flow or feel organic in any way. The Jon killing Danny scene was even worse. You can look at reactions to that scene and there are nothing. No surprise, no happiness, no sadness, no anger, nothing. That scene was absolutely soulless because there was no development and a horribly rushed/forced plot.  

xD

Anyway, I haven't brought up her killing anyone else, but that all DOES play into the slippery slope to killing anyone else. AGAIN, it isn't in anyone's character to kill women and children until they do it.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Congratulations on not reading anything I've said. Truly impressive at this point.

You're literally arguing that the outcome was poorly done and then accompanying it with "I have no problem with the outcome". That one statement doesn't cancel out everything else you're saying. 

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. I put a list and stopped when the list was getting rather long.

And youre trying to say I "cant get over it"? Think it matters to me?

You nitpicking out certain tiny sections of entire post and feeling the need to say the same pathetic thing over and over because you havent got a leg to stand on except saying, "Oh they cant get over it. Im going to sing wheels on the bus cause I cant think of a logical response otherwise."

More of the same.....
The Wheels on the bus go round and round.....

You've been spinning for weeks.

Just now, JonStark said:

You're literally arguing that the outcome was poorly done and then accompanying it with "I have no problem with the outcome". That one statement doesn't cancel out everything else you're saying. 

Well that and he already said that it wasn’t a subjective discussion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

Anyway, I haven't brought up her killing anyone else, but that all DOES play into the slippery slope to killing anyone else. AGAIN, it isn't in anyone's character to kill women and children until they do it.

Watch out, when you say something that makes sense in here, some posters just ignore it and bring up something completely unrelated to shift the focus. You might want to try start making less sense.

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Dude everyone read what you are saying. You just can’t comprehend that people perfectly understand what you are saying and disagree with your opinion. 

Newsflash. You’re the person who said it was not subjective to think it was debatable that Dany’s turn was done right. 

To believe that this show foreshadowed Dany committing genocide on women and children for literally no reason whatsoever is objectively false, yes. If you still truly believe I am arguing that dany becoming the Mad Queen could not have happened, you're lost at this point.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

They messed using the word "Fire?" Guess I dont have the anal retentive mindset you do. Didnt bother me at all and now that its been specifically pointed out and I've had a chance to reconsider things.....I still dont care. 

Good for you then.

8 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The misconception is that everyone lived inside the walls. They were letting commoners into the walls for protection from the coming battle. They did not live inside the walls of the castle normally.

You're right. Somehow I forgot the entire scene in E06 where everyone's coming into the walls. That was dumb on my part.

My point about Varys is that her advisers telling her something doesn't mean that she would trust what they have told her. She has not reason to trust anything her advisers are telling her at that point.

xD

Yeah but usually there's some form of disregard for human life that leads up to that, and everything Dany's done has been to protect women and children form tyrants. 

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You're just as lost as lancerman.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

How about this. She threatened to burn down EVERY SINGLE CITY she went to during the show for 7 seasons. Qarth, Mereen, Astapor, Yunkai, then Volantis (this one may have been book only) and King’s Landing (two cities she threatened to burn before going there). 

Jorah and Tyrion talked her out of it. Jorah died and Tyrion lost her confidence so finally she went through with her threats 

I don’t know how a character finally living up to threats she was making the whole show makes it a 360 degree turn 

I can say I’m gonna burn down places as well, doesn’t mean I would and it still didn’t fit her character. Like I said, you’ll still need to do better than some sentences and killing military leaders/slave owners. 

As @PARROTHEAD said, if 10-15% were being negative and saying it didn’t feel genuine or organic in any way maybe they are being negative nancys. But if 75-80% are saying it didn’t feel genuine, organic, or believable, then you have a real concern and real serious problem. 

As he said, if a restaurant on Yelp is getting 60% bad reviews, there is obviously a huge problem going that restaurant needs to solve. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To believe that this show foreshadowed Dany committing genocide on women and children for literally no reason whatsoever is objectively false, yes. If you still truly believe I am arguing that dany becoming the Mad Queen could not have happened, you're lost at this point.

Good for you then.

You're right. Somehow I forgot the entire scene in E06 where everyone's coming into the walls. That was dumb on my part.

Yeah but usually there's some form of disregard for human life that leads up to that, and everything Dany's done has been to protect women and children form tyrants. 

You're just as lost as lancerman.

Dany threatened to burn no less than 5 cities before she ever stepped foot on King’s Landing and three of them happened as recent as season 6. What the hell do you think returning cities to the dirt means?! It’s really sad that she directly says many times that she wanted to do precisely what you are arguing she wasn’t properly set up to do. It’s hilarious actually. You ignore what doesn’t suit your argument and then call people that consider it not rational. 

Also I can list you saying insane things like “the show says that last names give you the right to rule” or “nobody in Westeros knew about Dany” that are blatantly untrue to show flaws in your argument. But you didn’t even bother to address mine. You just deflect and then repeat the same “it wasn’t proper foreshadowing line”. Despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I absolutely am lost. Your stance makes zero sense.

Yeah the idea that Dany becoming the mad queen is fine but the method in which the show carried it out made no logical sense when compared to her character arc is truly an incomprehensible position to take. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I can say I’m gonna burn down places as well, doesn’t mean I would and it still didn’t fit her character. Like I said, you’ll still need to do better than some sentences and killing military leaders/slave owners. 

As @PARROTHEAD said, if 10-15% were being negative and saying it didn’t feel genuine or organic in any way maybe they are being negative nancys. But if 75-80% are saying it didn’t feel genuine, organic, or believable, then you have a real concern and real serious problem. 

As he said, if a restaurant on Yelp is getting 60% bad reviews, there is obviously a huge problem going that restaurant needs to solve. 

In season 6, Tyrion literally had to plead with her not to burn cities. Dany at a very young age in the show threatened to burn down cities. 

Lets you spend nearly a decade of your life saying “I really want to rob a bank” and you say it about ever bank you pass, but your friends talk you out of it. Then someday you fight with your friends and they aren’t there to talk you out of it. Then you do it. Nobody can plausibly claim it’s not in your character.

Only in Dany’s case you have a litany of her burning, killing, and crucifying large numbers of people on top of that to show that she actually is capable of such brutality.

Thank you for the made up statistics, but they don’t really matter here. I can link you threads of people discussing Dany becoming a mad queen that date back to the first season of the show and earlier, there are plenty of instances throughout the lifecycle of the show where people said this is where her actions were leading. You just made up a stat to justify yourself. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah the idea that Dany becoming the mad queen is fine but the method in which the show carried it out made no logical sense when compared to her character arc is truly an incomprehensible position to take. 

No it’s incomprehensible that for years many people thought her actions were leading up this and many people do think it was set up adequately but you are calling those people unreasonable and saying it’s not a subjective debate. 

That’s the part where you lose people 

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Dany threatened to burn no less than 5 cities before she ever stepped foot on King’s Landing and three of them happened as recent as season 6. What the hell do you think returning cities to the dirt means?! It’s really sad that she directly says many times that she wanted to do precisely what you are arguing she wasn’t properly set up to do. It’s hilarious actually. You ignore what doesn’t suit your argument and then call people that consider it not rational. 

Also I can list you saying insane things like “the show says that last names give you the right to rule” or “nobody in Westeros knew about Dany” that are blatantly untrue to show flaws in your argument. But you didn’t even bother to address mine. You just deflect and then repeat the same “it wasn’t proper foreshadowing line”. Despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

Correct.

The wheels on the bus go round and round.........