Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

12 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Oh so now we're just talking critics? Thought you were just talking about the public in general. Remember, there were actually people out there who named their kid Daenerys. You think they give a crap how she ended up burning down a city? 

I went on to fans in the second paragraph. Reddit is full of non stop negativity, the biggest social outlet in the world. These same posters are some of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet and loved the first seven seasons as I post on Reddit. 

Also the final three episodes scored an average of 6.5 on IMDB and RatingGraph  which are fan based. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There are plenty of things to be subjectively argued. Saying that the show foreshadowed Dany intentionally killing millions of innocent women and children isn't one of them, no matter how much you want it to be true, @JonStark.

Agree to disagree. Otherwise we'll be doing this for a long time.

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You made the claim. Burden of proof is on you 

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-poll-series-finale-disappointment/

This is really the only poll I can find, but the way it's structured is weird. It has one negative answer (disappointed), which clearly has the most votes for it, but then it has 3 variations of positive answers. 

But I would also suggest that the recent petition to have the show re-made being signed by 1.5 million people indicates a lot of people have very strong feelings about this season. Is that proof of a majority? Nope, but I really don't know any way to find out definitively one way or the other.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-poll-series-finale-disappointment/

This is really the only poll I can find, but the way it's structured is weird. It has one negative answer (disappointed), which clearly has the most votes for it, but then it has 3 variations of positive answers. 

But I would also suggest that the recent petition to have the show re-made being signed by 1.5 million people indicates a lot of people have very strong feelings about this season. Is that proof of a majority? Nope, but I really don't know any way to find out definitively one way or the other.

Does that petition separate those who are upset at the writing and those who are upset at Dany becoming a villain? 

Just now, JonStark said:

Does that petition separate those who are upset at the writing and those who are upset at Dany becoming a villain? 

No. I think it's all based on people upset at the writing (which would include those upset with how Dany became the Mad Queen). You'd probably be hard-pressed to find anyone upset with Dany concluding the series as the mad queen.

Go ahead and go on Reddit and try to argue what you’ve been arguing here, your point that it made sense from a TV Show standpoint and not extremely forced will get obliterated and dissected sentence by sentence by some smart people and overall vast majority. 

@BayRaider, if you make such hardline statements as the only things in a TV series that are cannon are what's actually shown on screen, you have to expect hard line stances denouncing such foolish statements.  ESPECIALLY in a show that is based on a novel series that has entire weeks pass without any mention of them.

You have to remember that between Missandei dying and Dany going full rage mode, the North army hadn't even made it to King's Landing yet.  For example, in the American Revolution, it was literally months before Britain got word of each battle that took place.  War takes a very, very, very long time. 

I'm not even saying the writing wasn't crap.  It was.  But to suggest that the only thing that could possibly be cannon is what's shown on screen in a TV series with horses as the predominant mode of travel and not understand that entire weeks and possibly even a month went by between Missandei dying and Dany attacking King's Landing is the epitome of stupidity. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No. I think it's all based on people upset at the writing (which would include those upset with how Dany became the Mad Queen). You'd probably be hard-pressed to find anyone upset with Dany concluding the series as the mad queen.

You'd be surprised. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Exactly, I’ve always thought Danny being Mad Queen was an epic ending and I honestly can’t wait to read it in the books where it’ll be fleshed out properly. 

Not where she destroys a city that already surrendered. Which is the only possible way that D&D knew they could justify killing her in the finale with so little time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@BayRaider, if you make such hardline statements as the only things in a TV series that are cannon are what's actually shown on screen, you have to expect hard line stances denouncing such foolish statements.  ESPECIALLY in a show that is based on a novel series that has entire weeks pass without any mention of them.

You have to remember that between Missandei dying and Dany going full rage mode, the North army hadn't even made it to King's Landing yet.  For example, in the American Revolution, it was literally months before Britain got word of each battle that took place.  War takes a very, very, very long time. 

I'm not even saying the writing wasn't crap.  It was.  But to suggest that the only thing that could possibly be cannon is what's shown on screen in a TV series with horses as the predominant mode of travel and not understand that entire weeks and possibly even a month went by between Missandei dying and Dany attacking King's Landing is the epitome of stupidity. 

But the thing is, this show does **** all over the concept of time. Can you please explain to me how Gendry ran from the Arrowhead Mountain to Castle Black, got a Raven to Dragonstone and then Dany flew back to the arrowhead mountain within a day, when it took them several days alone to make the trek from Castle Black to the mountain? The fast traveling stuff is upsetting people because everyone (except the Showrunners, apparently) realize that these things take time, but the show speeds them up because they need pieces in certain places WITHOUT acknowledging that the traveling aspect took time. 

Hell, in the last episode this is where it shows Euron's fleet sinking:

Image result for eurons fleet burning

And yet we're supposed to believe that Euron swam to the shore from there in a matter of minutes? Can you at least understand why people would be upset about these things happening?

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You'd be surprised. 

I would be, because I haven't seen anyone who suggests that they are upset with Dany ending up as the mad queen.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There are plenty of things to be subjectively argued. Saying that the show foreshadowed Dany intentionally killing millions of innocent women and children isn't one of them, no matter how much you want it to be true,

And Bronn who doesnt know what the concept of a loan is. Shows no progression in the area of finance throughout any of the show but is up and made Secretary of Finance at the end of the show.

Apologists on here "Must have learned it off camera but seems legit."

They actually dont mind this kind of writing that probably came from one of their kids while they were busy on their Star Wars project. So just to give you some clarity on how little they care about the story, you should know what to expect in these arguments. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly, I’ve always thought Danny being Mad Queen was an epic ending and I honestly can’t wait to read it in the books where it’ll be fleshed out properly. 

Not where she destroys a city that already surrendered. Which is the only possible way that D&D knew they could justify killing her in the finale with so little time. 

So does this version make it better?

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

And Bronn who doesnt know what the concept of a loan is. Shows no progression in the area of finance throughout any of the show but is up and made Secretary of Finance at the end of the show.

Apologists on here "Must have learned it off camera but seems legit."

They actually dont mind this kind of writing that probably came from one of their kids while they were busy on their Star Wars project. So just to give you some clarity on how little they care about the story, you should know what to expect in these arguments. 

Bronn's the richest character in the show at the end and controls the majority of the food supply in winter directly after Kings Landing was just obliterated.  He had an insane amount of leverage.  I had the same initial surprise to his title, but when I thought about it a minute, it made sense.

There is just a lot going on in here. The biggest thing I hate about the argument going on in here is the perception that your own viewpoint is the only one that can be right. Just because you don't think Dany's madness was properly portrayed doesn't mean that it hit well for others.

There's also a lot of argument against the show using the appeal to popularity fallacy where you use the majority of people agreeing with you as an argument. That is a very weak argument. If you're not aware:http://www.softschools.com/examples/fallacies/appeal_to_popularity_examples/518/

• Like 2