Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Bronn's the richest character in the show at the end and controls the majority of the food supply in winter directly after Kings Landing was just obliterated.  He had an insane amount of leverage.  I had the same initial surprise to his title, but when I thought about it a minute, it made sense.

And what happens if he uses "and what if I dont...." with the Iron Bank loan. Tyrion would have his ways of extorting Bronn for food and money. Mace Tyrell was arguably more powerful then Tywin even though he was too stupid to know it. Which is why he was put in charge of Master of Ships, really Master of Coin is arguably the most important and powerful position in the 7 Kingdoms and one that has to constantly deal with the Iron Bank and Tyrion pht someone who not only doesnt really know economics but he has passive hostile attitude to anyone who wants something from him. 

So I dont agree with that. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Also real life, I haven’t met a single person who actually enjoyed the final three episodes more than they didn’t enjoy them.

Well....if you're also keeping a talley of those that you havent met in person - but have met via social media - you can put me down as being okay with things. No offense - I just dont bust ***** as much as many seem to around here....and I mean, on down to the shortest of short hairs busting *****.

Doesnt make me wonder about them personally - everybody's entitled I guess - but as @JonStark mentioned - why torment yourselves by continually "regurgitating" it over and over? You thought it sucked - didnt like a good portion of it - okay. Piss it out and move on to happier places.

Hey. I gotta get outta this thread. I watched it all and I'm good with it. Some issues, but I'm not (shall I say it again?) gonna bust *****
It was terrific TV - a MAJOR production - and I appreciate it. Stuff like GOT is why I keep HBO around. I'm not looking to change anybodies mind around here. So no need to butt heads.

Seeya - on the outside / real world threads :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Well....if you're also keeping a talley of those that you havent met in person - but have met via social media - you can put me down as being okay with things. No offense - I just dont bust ***** as much as many seem to around here....and I mean, on down to the shortest of short hairs busting *****.

Doesnt make me wonder about them personally - everybody's entitled I guess - but as @JonStark mentioned - why torment yourselves by continually "regurgitating" it over and over? You thought it sucked - didnt like a good portion of it - okay. Piss it out and move on to happier places.

Hey. I gotta get outta this thread. I watched it all and I'm good with it. Some issues, but I'm not (shall I say it again?) gonna bust *****
It was terrific TV - a MAJOR production - and I appreciate it. Stuff like GOT is why I keep HBO around. I'm not looking to change anybodies mind around here. So no need to butt heads.

Seeya - on the outside / real world threads :)

I agree.  Everyone that disagrees with my level of enjoyment of a TV show is entitled.

God, why does everyone have to fight about it when I'm so obviously right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I agree.  Everyone that disagrees with my level of enjoyment of a TV show is entitled.

God, why does everyone have to fight about it when I'm so obviously right?

Now.....I'm trying to get outta here and stuff like this......... :)

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Alright, I'll try to answer this.

Euron was an Islander.  Surely, as an Islander, he's a good swimmer. 

I'd say he's more than an amateur swimmer, wouldn't you?  The curvature of EARTH is 16 miles.  This is not Earth.  The planet is smaller than Earth.  The ships were destroyed at the START of the battle.  Battle went, say, 45 minutes. 

Also account for currents and other phenomena that might be different in A ******* FANTASY WORLD and no, it's not inconceivable for Euron to swim that far if you just SUSPEND DISBELIEF ENOUGH TO NOT BE AN INSUFFERABLE WHINER. 

So basically, everything makes sense and if it doesn't make sense, just pull some **** out of your *** to justify it OR tell yourself it's a fantasy world where the concept of time doesn't exist and therefore it still makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I found it a little weird they kept calling him Bran the Broken each time they talked to him.  As part of the story leading up to his nomination, it made sense, but after that was a bit weird.  I was waiting for Bran to say something like "Uh, just King Bran is fine"

It's a reference to the wheel, which was broken.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

97% of things people are complaining about make sense if you just take the effing second to accept that things happened off-screen. 

Derp a derp, they got from Winterfell to King's Landing in a day. 
-No they didn't.  The show just decided not to spend an entire episode showing a travel montage. 

Derp a derp, Dany went insane just like that.
-No she didn't.  The show had time restraints and could not show her gradual descent into madness.  They showed exactly how much they could with a 6 episode season.  Angered over her losses in the battle with the NK.  Angered and paranoid over Jon's heritage.  Angered to the brink over her second dragon dying.  Pushed over the edge by Missandei dying. 

They didn't have a got damn season to focus on her gradual descent into madness, but for people who can actually follow a plot, it has been there since the very first season when she decided to BURN HERSELF WITH HER DEAD HUSBAND OUT OF GRIEF. 

I swear some people need their hands held throughout any kind of narrative fiction because they can't understand context or how narrative fiction works. 

Literally the only complaint that's warranted over the final season is how little time they put into it as far as literal screentime.  The same is true for both the last two seasons. 

I think people's point when complaining is largely exactly what you said here. The season was rushed and the plot-lines not developed to the point that they should have been, so I'm not sure why you're complaining about people complaining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Pffft, the wheel will be back with a vengeance after a generation or so.   Human nature doesn't change. 

Fine, but that shouldn't make it weird that they'd reference this king as Bran the Broken, because he inherited a kingdom with a newly broken wheel. 

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Highgarden was taken for all its gold. How could bronn be the richest person?

Cersei gave him a wagon load of gold. Which Tyrion had to double. So he has at least 3 wagons loaded with gold.

Remember what Tywin said about the cost of wars and troops sucks gold like a pit in the earth. I could see him up there near the top. Doubt hes AT the top.

Oh. Had an interesting talk when I called DirecTV to cancel HBO.

Dude was like, "Yeah... Cancelling because GOT ended right?" and followed with after me asking him if hes seen a lot of it. And hes, "Ive personally handled a good 50 so far this work shift. Monday and Tuesday were insane around here with all the calls."