Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
24 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm completely over the Sansa/Littlefinger and even Arya storyline now. It all seems really inconsequential given everything else.

Yep. Sansa and Arya feuding over nothing are the new sand snakes and LF has become an irrelevant pervert instead with zero political capital

LF is more or less running the Vale. If anything happens to him, it's feasible that the bulk of Jon's forces go home, leaving him with about 3,000-4,000 men.

LF was - and is - a necessary evil up North. 

11 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. When Robert died, Joffrey got the throne over Stannis and Renly.

Robert was actually the acting king though.  Rhaegar was never the king.  Wouldn't the lineage go to the next sibling, before just going to the son of a prince, who never acted as king?

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

LF is more or less running the Vale. If anything happens to him, it's feasible that the bulk of Jon's forces go home, leaving him with about 3,000-4,000 men.

LF was - and is - a necessary evil up North. 

If Arya gets played over the information she gets from LF, I'll be disappointed. I'm glad LF is making a strong play....but like Arya should be smarter at this point.

I also was disappointed she came at Sansa like that. Sansa is the best fit to rule outta the Starks and is doing a good job....IMO 

10 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Robert was actually the acting king though.  Rhaegar was never the king.  Wouldn't the lineage go to the next sibling, before just going to the son of a prince, who never acted as king?

Forgive me - but never read the books. Help me out a bit; Did the sacking of KL and Jamie turning on the Mad King happen before or after the Battle at the Trident? Based on the vision Bran had with the Three Eyed Raven, I'm inclined to believe that KL and Aegon happened just before the Battle at the Trident.

Which - technically - meant that Rhygar was king, even if only for a day before he died.

*Shrug*

Edit - Trident, then Sacking.

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

If Arya gets played over the information she gets from LF, I'll be disappointed. I'm glad LF is making a strong play....but like Arya should be smarter at this point.

I also was disappointed she came at Sansa like that. Sansa is the best fit to rule outta the Starks and is doing a good job....IMO 

I'm fairly certain that she isn't/can't be. Remember, their younger brother can basically see into the past and corroborate the truth.

LF played it well, but you can't win against somebody who can literally travel to any point in time to confirm facts...

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Forgive me - but never read the books. Help me out a bit; Did the sacking of KL and Jamie turning on the Mad King happen before or after the Battle at the Trident? Based on the vision Bran had with the Three Eyed Raven, I'm inclined to believe that KL and Aegon happened just before the Battle at the Trident.

Which - technically - meant that Rhygar was king, even if only for a day before he died.

*Shrug*

After.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

*Shrug*

After. Rhaegar died before Aerys, he was never king. Robert Baratheon took down with a sweet warhammer to the chest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

My point is that it's a bit hypocritical to say conquest by one side is invalid because they're traitors but your conquest is okay. They lost the throne fair and square, just like they won it fair and square in the first place. 

One argument I could see for legitimacy still standing at this point is that Robert's original claim was due to his connection to Targ ancestry. It wasn't so much a new family ruling as it was an extended link to the ruling family that was "lost" in the battling.

Also, to the person that said that Cersei has the strongest claim. Cersei never produced a child with Robert (that we know of at least). There could be a claim that since there is no proof of the consummation of their marriage. I don't remember if she says that they never had intercourse, but she does mention that they definitely didn't after a certain point at least. This could mean that the marriage wouldn't actually hold up and her claim would be non-existent.

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

After. Rhaegar died before Aerys, he was never king. Robert Baratheon took down with a sweet warhammer to the chest.

Wonder if they'll (dunno why but that word always looked very strange to me) revisit their discussion about their fathers once they realized the truth....that Gendry's father killed Jon's father:D

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Wonder if they'll (dunno why but that word always looked very strange to me) revisit their discussion about their fathers once they realized the truth....that Gendry's father killed Jon's father:D

Yeah that will definitely be interesting. I can't see Jon not viewing Ned as his father still though, basically his entire moral compass is built on Ned and he is very clearly a Northman. You could be right though, maybe Gendry should keep his fat mouth shut about being a Baratheon every once and a while!

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

To be fair, the hammer was pretty awesome. It's as if he researched about what his dad used in war and decided whether or not to learn how to use one.

I'm down with Gendry filling a role now.  From fan service to awesomeness in 5 seconds

gallery-1502715092-hammertime.gif