Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

On 9/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, StLunatic88 said:

I mean I was already in on this movie, Captain marvel is an awesome character.

But as far as the trailer goes, didnt really do much for me. Didnt hook me with anything, especially if I was a casual fan.

The pager nod is obviously intriguing, and seeing her Mohawk is awesome, but thats about it

This new Trailer just feels like more of the same bland super hero tropes from the first trailer. As just said above ^^, seems very Phase 1, a completely safe play, which now comes off boring right before A4

Im a little worried they havent learned from the criticisms of the most Popular stand alone movies recently (Ragnarok & Black Panther) and we are just going to end this with another overly GCI fight that leaves a pretty good film (or better) ending on a flat note. 

Disney seems scared that the only cool thing from the first trailer (punching the old lady) got too much push back so they hand to go and completely explain the whole thing in this trailer instead of keeping it a selling point to go see what that was about.

I gave the benefit of the doubt to Michel B Jordan's Voice Overs in the BP trailers, so Ill do it here as well; BUT "This is just the beginning" (yea, no duh, this is a prequel) and "Im not gonna fight your war, Im gonna End It" are both some really cheesy lines. 

And lastly, Sam Jackson is much more heavily involved in this than originally thought. It looks like this may be like a Buddy Cop movie for a good chunk with Marvel & Fury. Makes me wonder if they didnt have enough here for Captain Marvel to carry her own story. Dont get me wrong, she does, but I wonder if they dug deep enough for it in this first one.

I thought the trailer was okay, I really like Skrull and I hope that they do them justice or at least set them up. I think that they just didn't have a consistent feel for the trailer as it went between this heavy, what's my real story and who am I really, and Fury with a cat. I also don't love the on fire look, I again feel that it felt like it didn't match the more serious nature of the movie that they were leaning heavily into in the second trailer. I expect it's still going to be good, but not as excited as I was for a lot of other Marvel movies.

Until the MCU screws up a character origin movie horribly, I'll avoid any really harsh criticism.    

I remember the same things said about the GotG & Ant-Man trailers, and to say I was pleasantly surprised was an understatement (GotG in particular).  

22 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Wonderful.

The Skrulls are not Dark Elves. Especially if we are leading towards secret invasion.

I usually only watch the first trailer for movies so I haven't seen the new one but I'm excited for the movie. Good character, good actress, and Marvel behind it. It'll be good.

Archived