Week 1 GDT: LETS GO!!!

TheVillain112

5 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Delaying the Dolphins-Titans gave has been extremely excessive. It thunderstorms a lot in September and this never happens, especially for this long. It's absurd to me. At this point you can't expect people to stay longer. Looks like we'll be playing on Sunday night after all. 

Has anyone actually died from a thunder strike at a sporting event? Don't know what the worry is. You're far likelier to have someone die from falling off the bleachers or slipping during the rain

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Has anyone actually died from a thunder strike at a sporting event? Don't know what the worry is. You're far likelier to have someone die from falling off the bleachers or slipping during the rain

Does being outside increase your chances of being hit by lightning? I would think that lightning has no preference. But what do I know.

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I think at a soccer game in another country but it was much more severe. The funny thing is people have been safely sitting in their seats claiming it's sunny, the security guards have had to stand on the field all day (I guess they are expendable), and they even had the security guards chasing a small child around the field. It seems fine to everyone but the NFL. Seems like they are too worried about the longshot chance of somebody suing if they get hit. 

Archived