Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Dean Pees 2 man pass rush outwits the Texans, results in too much time being run off.

You cannot possibly make this **** up.

That was pretty brilliant. It had to have been impossible for them to complete a pass and then get up the field to spike the ball with the way with defended it.

We beat the kid who was declared a hall of famer after playing 4 games and the team that was declared the division winner and Super Bowl contender after only winning 4 games the year before down nearly 40% of our starting offense and best 4 offensive players.

LOL.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I still really wish we would have let Gabbert throw it more with how he was playing. It worked out to trust in our defense to hold the Texans to a low score, but cut it close.

i still would guess it had more to do with the OL than it did with gabbert. when you're on your 4th and 5th OTs, long-developing pass plays are a huge risk, and that's without mentioning we were playing a backup QB.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i still would guess it had more to do with the OL than it did with gabbert. when you're on your 4th and 5th OTs, long-developing pass plays are a huge risk, and that's without mentioning we were playing a backup QB.

Yeah I can understand it overall, just feels like we cut it really close playing like that.

It's a win and that's all that matters.

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Nah. If it's incomplete it's 3rd down and 7. I'll take 2nd and 12 over that honestly.

I'm not sure where exactly we were on the field at that time, but I don't think it's ever smart to be knocked back when you're fighting for yards to kick a FG, especially with so little left in the game. Either way it worked out great for us, which is ultimately all that matters. Ugly win indeed, but feels so good beating the Texans with so many key pieces still missing.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Yeah I can understand it overall, just feels like we cut it really close playing like that.

It's a win and that's all that matters.

i would probably agree that we might have been able to get away with it more than we tried. but yeah, can't argue with the results, nail-biting as it was. 

Archived